Wedgewood is a leading acquirer of distressed residential real estate, specializing in the purchase, rehab, and resale of single family homes. Founded in 1985, we have since grown into a diversified, vertically integrated company, expanding our business footprint to also include non-performing notes, home warranty, lending, design, brokerage, property management, escrow, and more.
The Asset Manager will be responsible for maximizing the return on resale assets by maintaining knowledge of current market conditions for designated regions, strategizing to create the most optimal outcome, is the first point of contact for agents and will negotiate offers for resale assets on behalf of Maxim Properties.
What you'll do:
- Draft written communications to clients and prepare counter offer
- Evaluate each offer and property to determine the best course of action for the asset
- Strategize to create the most optimal outcome for each asset after considering all factors
- Negotiate offers, counter offers, and other contract terms.
- Responsible for becoming familiar with the region's unique nuances and technology
- Responsible for responding and prioritizing a large volume of negotiations effectively
- Maintain correspondence with agents throughout the offer submission and negotiation process
- Keep current with market trends to maximize asset performance/resale
What you'll need:
- BA/BS degree in Finance, Real Estate or related field preferred but not required
- Real Estate licensed (in any state) preferred but not required
- Minimum three years' experience writing and negotiating real estate contract terms
- Thorough understanding and practice of real estate business ethics
- A general long term interest in real estate
- Financial and Performance Management
- Strong computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word and Adobe
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to effectively negotiate terms of sale
- Organized and able to multi task with interruptions
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong phone and customer service skills
What's in it for you:
Wedgewood offers our team members a competitive compensation, 401K, and traditional benefits like medical, dental, and vision. We also have many additional perks:
• Company Sponsored Outings: Past events have included sporting events, happy hours, parking lot BBQs, bowling and bocce ball tournaments, office theme parties, and more.
• In-house Investment Programs: Participate in the growth and profitability of the company through our in-house investment programs. We also offer home ownership & loan programs.
• Contribute to Your Community: Through our volunteer service, sustainable initiatives, charitable giving, and work with local universities, Wedgewood provides opportunities throughout the year for its employees to give back to the community for the greater good.
Wedgewood occupies 50,000 square feet in a state of the art headquarters in Redondo Beach, California and was named Company of the Year by the city in 2015. We also have multiple locations around the country. Wedgewood is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. We look forward to hearing from you!
Back to top