Wedgewood is a leading acquirer of distressed residential real estate, specializing in the purchase, rehab, and resale of single family homes. Founded in 1985, we have since grown into a diversified, vertically integrated company, expanding our business footprint to also include non-performing notes, lending, design, brokerage, property management, escrow, and more. We are a unique combination of an established 30 year old company that has been able to keep its start-up feel.
Why you should apply:
Wedgewood offers our team members a competitive compensation, 401K, and traditional benefits like medical, dental, and vision. We also have many additional perks:
- Have you ever worked for a company that allowed you to invest alongside them? With Wedgewood’s In-house Investment Programs, you get to participate in the growth and profitability of the company through our in-house investment programs. We also offer homeownership & loan programs.
- Have you worked for a company that will help you pay off your student loans? Wedgewood recognizes the importance of quality education so we have partnered up with Gradifi to assist you with your student loans.
- Are you passionate about making a difference? This is a great place to contribute to the community! Through our volunteer service, sustainable initiatives, charitable giving, and work with local universities, Wedgewood provides opportunities throughout the year for its employees to give back to the community for the greater good.
- Do you believe in the work-hard play-hard lifestyle? You can expect to get invited to various company sponsored events throughout the course of the year. Past events have included sporting events, happy hour, parking lot BBQs, bowling and bocce ball tournaments, office theme parties, and more.
- Thinking about renovating your home? We offer exclusive discounts at Home Depot!
About the role:
The Acquisitions Manager will lead a team of Associates and Analysts within the Acquisitions Team, focusing on off market valuations rehab estimates and coordinating with the Flips, Sales and Closing teams to value deals appropriately in coordination with VP of Acquisitions.
What you'll do:
- Value and bid on non-foreclosure acquisitions, collaborating with Analysts and Associates when necessary
- Negotiate credits from sellers after inspections on acquisitions
- Collaborate with the teams to ensure off market bids are properly handed off to the Closing Team
- Value and bid on all off market acquisitions on a daily basis in coordination with the Director
- Collaborate with Project Managers and Quarterbacks of Flip teams in order to ensure valuation is as accurate as possible
- Collaborate with Sales and Closing Team to ensure contract terms have been underwritten appropriately
- Coach and manage a team of analysts and associates to ensure that investment goals are met for off market acquisitions
- Work cross-functionally with operations and technical teams in coordination with VP to continuously improve process efficiency
- Analyze market values and trends by geography and other key indicators
- Collaborates with teams to ensure the new off market relationships are maintained and in good standing
What you'll need:
- Bachelor Degree in Business, with an emphasis in Real Estate is preferred
- 7-10 years of relevant professional real estate experience in acquisitions, or analytics
- 5-7 years’ experience in a high volume real estate environment is a plus
- 3-5 years’ experience leading a team
- Past real estate experience is required (license is not required)
- Ability to learn quickly and work in a fast-paced, autonomous environment
- Highly self-disciplined, motivated, organized and able to multi task with interruptions
- Strong communication skills
- Passionate about working in real estate
- Proficient knowledge of Excel
- Maintain a high level of professionalism at all times
- Maintain composure in stressful, time sensitive situations
- Broad understanding of the investment real estate market
Back to top