Quality Technician I
All Applicants must comply with ITAR Requirements. US Citizens or Permanent Residents only
Reporting to the Quality Assurance Manager, a Quality Technician I is responsible for up to two of the below functions. The Quality Technician I works collaboratively with teams to develop and improve processes for the WMI Integrated Management System.
Major Job Duties:
As a key member of Weber Metals your duties include but are not limited to:
- Demonstrate importance of the Weber Metals Safety Policy to the success of Weber Metals
- Demonstrate importance of the Weber Metals Quality Policy to the success of Weber Metals
- Demonstrate knowledge and awareness of the Weber Metals Environmental Policy
- Demonstrate knowledge and awareness of the Weber Metals Integrated Management System
- Work in a team environment to meet target dates
- Obtains a clear understanding of all internal and external requirements relating to applicable QT functions.
- Participates in internal audits, Kaizen events, Lean improvements, Six Sigma, and 6S projects when required.
- Assists with customer/3rd party surveys and audits as required.
- Carries out other activities as deemed necessary by the Quality Assurance Manager or Director of M&P
- Calibrate all inspection tools, product acceptance templates and product acceptance fixtures
- Maintain calibration records for all inspection tools, product acceptance templates and fixtures
- Create Purchase Orders for external calibration service vendors, as required
- Coordinate on site-calibration with approved calibration service vendors
- Review and validate supplier calibration certificates
- Have knowledge of the calibration system in order to properly maintain calibration frequencies and keep track of new, old and obsolete measuring and inspection tools.
- Reviews and validates purchase orders and contracts per requirements, quality provisions, as well as statutory and regulatory requirements related to calibration
- Must pass a yearly proficiency test for “daily hardness verification” and “partial indirect verification” per ASTM-E18
Document Control Functions:
- Assist with assuring Weber Metals’ specification library contains the latest published revisions
- Assist with the distribution of specifications and clauses relating to manufacturing processes, materials, testing, quality systems, etc. for review by technical authority (e.g. heat treat, non-destructive testing, metallurgy, etc.)
- Follow up on outstanding specification reviews and coordinates with reviewer to assure completion in a timely manner
- Help maintain access to all necessary customer portals and industry websites necessary to retrieve and verify specification revisions
- Assist with document updates, and help coordinate document reviews and approvals
- Help maintain the Master QMS Document Library by: Releasing documents to responsible owners for modification, reviewing modified QMS documents to assure revisions are completed in accordance with company standards, and posting revised documents to the company’s intranet
Material Review Board (MRB) Functions:
- Completion of assigned tasks related to non-conformances (NCs) generated by operations
- Attending the daily MRB meeting
- Assisting with organization, location, and identification of non-conforming material
- Ensuring all required data for MRB analysis is provided, generated, and/or communicated to the MRB team (as directed by the Quality Assurance Manager)
- Follow up on task assignment with other departments and other team members on a daily/weekly basis (to be determined by the MRB team) in order to ensure assigned MRB tasks are completed in a timely manner (goal/objective is 24 hours)
- Other activities as deemed necessary by the Quality Technician II, the Quality Assurance Manager and/or the Director of M&P
- Must be able to comply with ITAR and EAR residency requirements
- Effective communication skills, including strong listening skills, and oral and written communication.
- Ability to multitask and provide results in a timely manner as well as adjust plans under changing circumstances.
- Works independently and meets commitments and established deadlines for assigned responsibilities, work schedule, appointments, and meetings.
- Makes appropriate decisions based on analysis, sound judgment, and available information.
- Promotes a team atmosphere and builds harmonious working relationships both within and outside the department.
- Computer Skills (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Strong organizational skills.
- Determination to develop and implement solutions to resolve problems.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in Aerospace manufacturing environment.
- A minimum of 1 year of experience with calibration responsibilities.
Back to top