Die Forge Helper
Starting Hourly Rate: $14.50
All Applicants must comply with ITAR Requirements. US Citizens or Permanent Residents only
The Die forge Helper assists in all aspects of the Die Forge Operations Department. The Helper has a flexible role in the Die Forge group as they are moved into various areas of the operation as needed. This includes Presses, Die Maintenance, DF Saws, MFG Tech, Coatings Tech, and Utility positions. As a result, the Helper attains skills and training required to be moved to a more specialized and permanent role in the he Die Forge Operations group which best fits the individuals skill set.
MAJOR JOB DUTIES:
Core responsibilities include:
• Follow direction of the acting superior, lead man, and/or supervisor
• Maintain clean and safe working environment; embrace a clean as you go policy
• Learn the fundamentals of the forging process(i.e. Stock Temp, Die Temp, Tonnage, Lubrication, and Dwell to achieve Size, Fill, and Defect Free products)
• Learn the basic skills of the helper position which include but are not limited to:
• Operating hand tools and forging tools such as pry bars, tongs, sledge hammers, marking equipment, etc.
• Operating power tools such as hand grinders, wheel grinders, impact wrenches, etc. under supervision
• Operating a forklift/manipulator under supervision
• Operating different types of cranes under supervision
• Basic understanding of specialized forging equipment such as presses, furnaces, table saws, band saws, swing saws, glaze, etc.
• Understanding of more specialized aspects of the job such as:
• Setups (press, swing saw, die/insert holders)
• Spraying, driving, material handling of parts
• Basic part compliance (down to size, filled, defect free)
As a key member of Weber Metals, additional responsibilities also include but are not limited to:
• Demonstrating importance of the Weber Metals Safety Policy to the success of Weber Metals.
• Demonstrating importance of the Weber Metals Quality Policy to the success of Weber Metals.
• Demonstrating knowledge and awareness of the Weber Metals Environmental Policy.
• Demonstrating knowledge and awareness of the Weber Metals Business Management System.
• Working in a team environment to meet target dates.
• Responsible for reporting to work on time, with proper PPE, and being fully engaged for the entire shift.
• Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must:
• Be able to comply with ITAR and EAR residency requirements
• Be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily
• High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent experience
• Minimum 90 days introductory period.
• Experience in the forging or metals industry is preferred
Meet Some of Weber Metals's Employees
Leah F.Associate Manager, Design
Leah heads the Aerostructures division of the Design Engineering Group where she develops department standards and processes. She also mentors and leads her team in the design of new products and tooling.
Back to top