Certification Tech III
Hourly rate: $26.30
All Applicants must comply with ITAR Requirements. US Citizens or Permanent Residents only
The primary responsibilities of the Certification Technician III are to perform technical review of complex customer purchase orders and to perform source inspection of forgings. A Certification Technician III must hold multiple customer Designated Source Quality Representative approvals and must work toward obtaining all applicable customer approvals, if not already held. In addition, a Certification Technician III will regularly validate job certification packages for complex hand and die forgings, and assist with creating/assembling first article packages, as needed. The position requires a thorough understanding of the forging process, internal work instructions, as well as a variety of customer specifications. The Certification Technician III needs a thorough understanding of dimensional attributes, physical and mechanical properties, heat treat processes, destructive and non-destructive testing techniques, and customer specific requirements.
Major Job Duties:
• Reviews and validates complex customer purchase orders and contracts for product requirements, quality provisions, as well as statutory and regulatory requirements.
• Serves as a Designated Supplier Quality Representative (DSQR) for multiple certified supplier programs.
• Serves as a representative to interface with external source inspectors and presents job certification packages for review and approval.
• Reviews and validates job certification packages of complex hand & die forgings for compliance to customer requirements.
• Prepares/assembles first article qualification reports for compliance to customer requirements.
• Generates manufacturing plans / process procedures for hand and die forgings.
Additional Responsibilities Include:
• Development of initial serial number templates and assignation of serial numbers.
• Coordination of internal stamp control for all inspectors at Weber Metals.
• Participation in continuous improvement projects within the department and around the company.
• Support of the Certification and Records Supervisor, as needed.
• Must possess good written and verbal communication skills.
• Must be able to interpret and apply customer and industry specifications.
• Must be able to read blueprints & 3D models.
• Must have general understanding of the manufacturing flow/forging process.
• Must be knowledgeable and aware of Quality System requirements, including policies, procedures, work instructions, and the Weber Metals Quality Policy.
• Must have good overall computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Works independently and meets commitments and established deadlines for assigned responsibilities, work schedule, appointments, and meetings.
• Accepts and performs a variety of work assignments, takes on new responsibilities, and adjusts plans under changing circumstances.
• Makes appropriate decisions based on analysis, sound judgment, and available information.
• Promotes a team atmosphere and builds harmonious working relationships both within and outside the department.
• Provides timely response to department needs, staff and management issues, as well as request for input from other departments.
• Keeps work area safe and clean, is supportive of safety programs, wears appropriate personal protective equipment, and complies with the Weber Metals Safety Policy.
• Seeks out knowledge to improve professional abilities and effectiveness.
• Must be able to comply with ITAR and EAR residency requirements
• HS/GED Required
• 4 – 7 Years of experience in field
• Experience in aerospace quality very much desired
Meet Some of Weber Metals's Employees
Leah F.Associate Manager, Design
Leah heads the Aerostructures division of the Design Engineering Group where she develops department standards and processes. She also mentors and leads her team in the design of new products and tooling.
Back to top