Our mission is pretty simple; we believe that everyone deserves sophisticated financial advice. In just three short years, Wealthfront has rolled out the features and services that now define a new category that we call 'automated investment services.' We are focused on taking services typically reserved for the ultra-wealthy, automating them and delivering them directly to the investors at an incredibly low cost. We have clients in all 50 states who trust us with over $4 billion in assets and growing. With our clients' trust, we believe we can and will change this industry.
We recently launched a new user experience that lays the foundation for a future where Wealthfront is the only financial advisor our clients will ever need. To accomplish this, we redesigned and rebuilt our frontend architecture to deliver a dashboard that provides personalized advice and will ultimately be the center of our clients’ financial lives.
As a UX Engineer, you’ll focus on improving the user experience of our rich client-side application and contribute to other key parts of our tooling and infrastructure.
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team of designers, product managers, and engineers on all phases of the product development lifecycle
- Lead the development of Roswell, our UI toolkit and visual style guide for making beautiful and standards compliant online products. It is designed for modern web browsers and leverages reusable React components, performant CSS animations, and our SASS testing library, Sassaby
- Incorporate best practices for accessibility, usability, web performance, and design into Roswell and ultimately champion a more consistent and delightful user experience
- Provide mentorship to other frontend engineers and designers in all aspects of UX development
WHAT YOU HAVE
- 3+ years of software development experience
- Passion for CSS and knowledge of the following:
- Best practices for reusability and modularity (e.g. OOCSS, web components)
- UI frameworks / components
- Performant animations
- Browser differences
- CSS layouts
- In-depth understanding of how browser rendering engines behave and the ability to implement a design for the web that renders correctly
- Basic understanding of web fundamentals (e.g. HTTP, cookies, AJAX)
- Experience collaborating with designers and engineers to build modern user interfaces
- High standards for code quality, maintainability, and performance
- Willingness to learn new technologies in any area of the stack: UI, Rendering, Server, Data Platform
Meet Some of Wealthfront's Employees
Lead Software Engineer
Ria plans and advances Wealthfront’s product projects. It's her responsibility to architect and implement new features for clients with the company's future-forward investment technology.
Back to top