Staff Software Engineer - Data Platform
We have a goal: the more clients we have and the more information each of our clients shares with us, the better experience we can provide to all of our clients. To do this, we need to both scale our platform to handle our growing client base and deliver new features that take advantage of the increasing amount of information we have. Our data engineering team is at the center of this.
We’re looking for engineers excited to help scale our existing data infrastructure and build out new compute capabilities. This includes making tradeoffs between online, offline, and streaming architectures, as well as learning the product well enough to understand the impact these decisions will make on clients.
What You'll Work On
- You'll be responsible for design, development and operations of large-scale data systems
- Build and scale data infrastructure that powers batch and real-time data processing of hundreds of billions of records daily.
- Provide visibility into the health of our data platform (comprehensive view of data flow, resources usage, data lineage, etc).
- Automate and handle life-cycle of the systems and platforms that process our data.
- Evolve maturity of our monitoring systems and processes to improve visibility and failures detection in our infrastructure.
- Streamline the intake of the raw data into our Data Warehouse.
- Provide implementations to expose actionable data to internal and external partners.
What You Have
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
- 7+ years of experience working with data technologies that power analytics (e.g. EMR, Spark, Kafka, Airflow,Presto, Athena, Redshift or Data warehouse, etc).
- Deep understanding of data persistence (relational, key/value, document, columnar, OLAP).
- Skilled at crafting and building robust backend data services (distributed systems, concurrency models).
- Strong dedication to code quality, automation and operational excellence: unit/integration tests, scripts, workflows.
- Expertise in object-oriented and/or functional programming languages (e.g. Java/Scala, Python).
- Excellent written and verbal communication and social skills; able to effectively collaborate with partners.
Everyone across the financial spectrum deserves to live secure and rewarding lives. In order to successfully serve clients across the United States, the Wealthfront team is focused on hiring team members with a diverse range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Wealthfront is a NextGen Banking Service. We help you manage your money for both your short-term and long-term goals by providing a cash account with a top-of-market APY, best-in-class automated investment management, and free financial advice, anytime you want it. We entered into the space in a big way this year with the launch of our cash account that offers an interest rate more than 20x greater than the national average.
Our ultimate vision is to optimize and automate all of our clients’ finances and build what we call Self-Driving Money™️. We want clients to be able to automatically deposit their paycheck into their Wealthfront account, and let us take care of the rest — paying their bills, topping off their emergency fund or 401(k), and investing the rest based on their specific goals and lifestyle. To get there, we’ll be focusing the bulk of our 2019 efforts on creating a better alternative to what the banking industry provides. Join us so you can help us turn this industry on its head and build a service that our clients don't just like, they love.
Back to top