Staff Frontend Engineer
We’re looking for engineers who are excited to build best in class user interfaces and web platform infrastructure to help deliver the next generation of financial services.
What You'll Work On
- Product engineering: Lead and execute on a wide range of product initiatives that will significantly impact the business. These initiatives could include developing the next feature for Path, our financial planning platform or creating delightful user experiences to deliver our innovative banking and investment products.
- Web platform infrastructure: Prioritize and lead web platform infrastructure projects to improve the health and performance of our systems and increase product delivery velocity by developing new tools and capabilities.
- Test, Build and Deployment Infrastructure: We deploy our frontend services multiple times per hour and are constantly scaling to support more users, services, and engineers, so we’re heavily invested improving this infrastructure. We ascribe significant value to i) tools and libraries that keep our automated tests reliable and fast and ii) stable build and deployment infrastructure that scales as we grow.
Our tech stack
- Our application server is a JRuby on Rails web server and our client-side application is built using React, Redux and D3. Our automated testing infrastructure uses a variety of frameworks and libraries including Jest, Sinon, Chai, RSpec and Capybara. We rely on in-house solutions for things like feature flags, A/B tests and our continuous deployment system.
What you have
- 6+ years in a frontend engineering role
- Prior leadership experience as a project lead, technical lead or manager
- Deep knowledge of Web as a platform
- Real passion for test-driven development, continuous integration, and automated testing
- Experience with React, Redux or similar client-side technologies
- Experience with Ruby on Rails or similar server-side frameworks (such as Express or Django)
- BS, MS, or PhD in computer science, math, physics, or related field
Everyone across the financial spectrum deserves to live secure and rewarding lives. In order to successfully serve clients across the United States, the Wealthfront team is focused on hiring team members with a diverse range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Wealthfront pioneered the category today known as “robo-advisors” when the company launched its automated investment service in 2011. Today, we manage over $12 billion for our clients and have expanded our service to offer free financial planning to anyone as well as cash management solutions with our recently launched FDIC insured Cash Account.
But we’re not done there. Our vision is to optimize and automate all of our clients’ finances, and build Self-Driving Money™️. We want clients to be able to automatically deposit their paycheck into their Wealthfront account and take care of the rest -- paying their bills, topping off their emergency fund or 401(k) and investing the rest based on their specific goals and lifestyle. To get there, we’ll be focusing the bulk of our efforts on reinventing the way we currently bank in the U.S. in 2019. The banking industry is one of the most non-client centric industries in existence and we hope you join us to flip the script and rebuild it from the ground up.
Back to top