Senior User Researcher
- Flexible / Remote
Why we’re searching for a senior user researcher.
At Wealthfront, we’re on a mission to build a financial system that favors people, not institutions. Achieving this monumental mission requires us to deeply understand our current and future clients, as they bank, save, and invest with us. Financial technology involves some of the most complex research questions in our field, pertaining to areas like trust, motivation, and elaborate decision-making processes. This is why we’re looking for an incredible researcher to join us!
What do we offer you?
As a Senior User Researcher at Wealthfront, you’ll be joining our Design team, reporting to our Director of User Research. You’ll immediately take on meaningful, strategic research projects that will have a lasting impact on our business and our users’ experience. You’ll collaborate cross-functionally with best-in-class product managers, designers, content strategists, and more, and own the entire research process from ideation to the delivery of insights to the team and our executives.
If you join us, you will:
- Lead impactful, meaningful end-to-end research projects, across Wealthfront’s products, and the entire client journey.
- Partner with cross-functional teammates from design, product, data science, marketing, and engineering to identify, plan, and execute tactical and foundational research.
- Represent our current and potential clients’ experiences by conveying insights in crisp, clear, and actionable ways.
- Help our team continuously identify and learn about current and potential opportunities to better serve our users, inspire product strategy, and encourage design iteration.
- Experiment with innovative ways to shed new light on client experiences to help inform business decisions.
- Participate in all design team activities, mentor team members, and champion the team’s work across Wealthfront.
- Learn about financial technology, investing, research, design, and so much more!
Relevant experience and mindset we'd like to see:
- You have a graduate degree in Anthropology, Behavioral Economics, Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Information Science, Psychology, Sociology, (or similar).
- 3+ years of industry experience in UX research roles.
- You have a strong desire to always be learnin’ new things.
- You’re driven by a passion to build user-focused products that solve critical problems.
- You have deep knowledge and plenty of practical experience with qualitative and quantitative user research methods.
- You’re experienced in running complex, end-to-end research projects that help define best practices, fill in the gaps in research knowledge, and drive initiatives forward.
- You’re able to communicate effectively and in a compelling way.
- You’re able to quickly tailor and design effective, appropriate research approaches within constraints.
- You have a collaborative mindset, with experience working across disciplines and with multiple stakeholders.
- You’re self-directed towards excellent outcomes.
- A passion for financial technology, financial planning, and investing.
- A desire to help develop excellence in UX research, push the team into new territories, and empower the entire organization to understand their users better than ever before.
Everyone across the financial spectrum deserves to live secure and rewarding lives. In order to successfully serve clients across the United States, the Wealthfront team is focused on hiring team members with a diverse range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Wealthfront is a nextgen banking and investing service on a mission to build a financial system that favors people, not institutions. We help you grow your wealth through automated investing and savings tools and give you a complete picture of your financial life with an intuitive mobile app.
Our ultimate vision is to optimize and automate all of our clients’ finances and build what we call Self-Driving Money™️. We want clients to be able to automatically deposit their paycheck into their Wealthfront Cash Account, and let us take care of the rest — pay their bills, top off their emergency fund or 401(k), and invest the rest in their Wealthfront Investing accounts based on their goals. Join us and help turn this industry on its head and build a service that our clients don't just like, they love.
Back to top