Our mission is pretty simple: we believe that everyone deserves access to sophisticated financial advice. Over the past five years, Wealthfront has built a technology company focused on re-architecting the finance industry, and along the way we’ve created a new category known as automated investment services (aka ‘robo-advisors’, but truth be told we’re fairly light on robots). What that actually means is we build software that enables us to democratize access to services typically reserved for the ultra-wealthy, and through automation we can deliver those services to investors at an incredibly low cost. And it’s working; we have clients across the country who trust us with over 7 billion in assets -- and we’re just getting started!
We’re looking for the first User Experience Researcher to join our design team. In this senior role, you will partner closely with designers, product managers, engineers, and the rest of the team to build amazing mobile and web experiences. You'll have the opportunity to take on research questions big and small. Playing a meaningful role in our product development process, you'll drive answers to critical questions, build insight at scale for our clients and help drive new concepts. It’s a great opportunity to work on an important problem and mission, and join a fun, collaborative team.
You will be successful in this role if you have experience and mastery over their methods, but aren't afraid to get scrappy, creative and invent new ways of collecting insights.
- Collaborate with Design and Product teams to identify research opportunities.
- Design and execute a wide variety of research projects ranging from early ideation through to design validation.
- Generate insights that influence product positioning, feature design and brand messaging.
- Inspire teams with creative and compelling presentation of your results and findings.
- Define design methodologies and lead the user experience research discipline at the company level.
- This position reports into the Director of Design.
- 6+ years experience in applied product/design research.
- Command over a wide range of qualitative methods and comfort with quantitative concepts.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Self motivated, can work independently.
- BA/BS degree in Psychology, HCI, Social Science, etc.
- Knowledge of behavioral economics a plus.
Wealthfront is the only robo-advisor to offer both investment management and financial planning exclusively through software. Because of this approach, we've quickly become the automated advisor of choice among young people. Anyone can open a Wealthfront investment account with $500 to access a unique investment strategy that includes a combination of a diversified portfolio of ETFs and tax minimization strategies. All clients receive financial planning through the service, Path, at no additional cost. Wealthfront does not charge management fees on the first $10,000 and for amounts above that the annual management fee is 0.25% - a fraction of what financial advisors charge. Wealthfront's strategy is to take high end financial services that are reserved for those who have millions of dollars and deliver them to young consumers through software. The majority of Wealthfront clients are in their 30s and 40s and have less than $1 million to invest. Wealthfront was founded by Andy Rachleff and Dan Carroll, who launched the service in December 2011. Wealthfront has raised over $129 million in funding from Benchmark Capital, DAG Ventures, Dragoneer Investment Group, Greylock Partners, Index Ventures, Ribbit Capital, Social + Capital and Spark Capital, and is based in Redwood City, CA. For more information please visit www.wealthfront.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.