At Wealthfront we believe everyone's personal finances can be optimized and automated for a very low fee using high-end technology. To achieve that, we built a software-only approach, which also helped create a new category: robo-advisors. Over the past six years we've paired the expertise of our PhD-clad research team with the exceptional talents of our engineering, product and design teams to deliver sophisticated products and services to our clients that are easy and fun to use. And that plan has worked! We have loyal clients from every state who trust us with over $9 billion in assets... and we're just getting started. So if you're passionate about helping people secure their ambitions while helping to change an industry, keep reading.
We’re looking for the first User Experience Researcher to join our design team. In this senior role, you will partner closely with designers, product managers, engineers, and the rest of the team to build amazing mobile and web experiences. You'll have the opportunity to take on research questions big and small. Playing a meaningful role in our product development process, you'll drive answers to critical questions, build insight at scale for our clients and help drive new concepts. It’s a great opportunity to work on an important problem and mission, and join a fun, collaborative team.
You will be successful in this role if you have experience and mastery over their methods, but aren't afraid to get scrappy, creative and invent new ways of collecting insights.
- Collaborate with Design and Product teams to identify research opportunities.
- Design and execute a wide variety of research projects ranging from early ideation through to design validation.
- Generate insights that influence product positioning, feature design and brand messaging.
- Inspire teams with creative and compelling presentation of your results and findings.
- Define design methodologies and lead the user experience research discipline at the company level.
- This position reports into the Director of Design.
- 6+ years experience in applied product/design research.
- Command over a wide range of qualitative methods and comfort with quantitative concepts.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Self motivated, can work independently.
- BA/BS degree in Psychology, HCI, Social Science, etc.
- Knowledge of behavioral economics a plus.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.