At Wealthfront we have an ambitious vision to optimize and automate all your personal finances. By delivering our service exclusively through software, we can also offer very low fees and account minimums. Over the past six years our clients have rewarded us with $10 billion to manage and we have attracted some of the best venture capital firms in the business including Benchmark Capital, Greylock, Index Ventures and Social Capital. We recently closed a $75 million round of funding from Tiger Global and are rapidly growing our team. So if you're passionate about helping people secure their ambitions while helping to change an industry, keep reading.
We’re looking for the first User Experience Researcher to join our design team. In this senior role, you will partner closely with designers, product managers, engineers, and the rest of the team to build amazing mobile and web experiences. You'll have the opportunity to take on research questions big and small. Playing a meaningful role in our product development process, you'll drive answers to critical questions, build insight at scale for our clients and help drive new concepts. It’s a great opportunity to work on an important problem and mission, and join a fun, collaborative team.
You will be successful in this role if you have experience and mastery over their methods, but aren't afraid to get scrappy, creative and invent new ways of collecting insights.
- Collaborate with Design and Product teams to identify research opportunities.
- Design and execute a wide variety of research projects ranging from early ideation through to design validation.
- Generate insights that influence product positioning, feature design and brand messaging.
- Inspire teams with creative and compelling presentation of your results and findings.
- Define design methodologies and lead the user experience research discipline at the company level.
- This position reports into the Director of Design.
- 6+ years experience in applied product/design research.
- Command over a wide range of qualitative methods and comfort with quantitative concepts.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Self motivated, can work independently.
- BA/BS degree in Psychology, HCI, Social Science, etc.
- Knowledge of behavioral economics a plus.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.