Senior User Experience Researcher
Our mission is pretty simple; we believe that everyone deserves sophisticated financial advice. Over the past five years, Wealthfront has rolled out the features and services that now define a new category that we call 'automated investment services.' We are focused on taking services typically reserved for the ultra-wealthy, automating them and delivering them directly to the investors at an incredibly low cost. We have clients in all 50 states who trust us with $5 billion in assets and growing. With our clients' trust, we believe we can and will change this industry.
We’re looking for the first User Experience Researcher to join our design team. In this senior role, you will partner closely with designers, product managers, engineers, and the rest of the team to build amazing mobile and web experiences. You'll have the opportunity to take on research questions big and small. Playing a meaningful role in our product development process, you'll drive answers to critical questions, build insight at scale for our clients and help drive new concepts. It’s a great opportunity to work on an important problem and mission, and join a fun, collaborative team.
You will be successful in this role if you have experience and mastery over their methods, but aren't afraid to get scrappy, creative and invent new ways of collecting insights.
- Collaborate with Design and Product teams to identify research opportunities.
- Design and execute a wide variety of research projects ranging from early ideation through to design validation.
- Generate insights that influence product positioning, feature design and brand messaging.
- Inspire teams with creative and compelling presentation of your results and findings.
- Define design methodologies and lead the user experience research discipline at the company level.
- This position reports into the VP of Design.
- 6+ years experience in applied product/design research.
- Command over a wide range of qualitative methods and comfort with quantitative concepts.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Self motivated, can work independently.
- BA/BS degree in Psychology, HCI, Social Science, etc.
- Knowledge of behavioral economics a plus.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Meet Some of Wealthfront's Employees
Lead Software Engineer
Ria plans and advances Wealthfront’s product projects. It's her responsibility to architect and implement new features for clients with the company's future-forward investment technology.
Back to top