Senior Marketing Manager, Community
At Wealthfront we help people achieve their most important life goals, like retiring early, buying that awesome house they’ve always wanted, sending their kid to college, or taking time off to travel. Our clients are largely millennials — they're educated and ambitious individuals who define success in their own terms and are turned off by the traditional financial industry. We’re inspired by their stories and the unconventional paths they’ve taken. As we raise more awareness, build trust, and grow our business, we need to engage our clients (and prospects) in the environments they flock to every day.
That’s why we’re looking for an experienced social media strategist to join our marketing team. You will play an essential role in building and scaling Wealthfront’s social media and community marketing efforts. This is an exciting opportunity to be both an architect and a storyteller. As a builder, you’ll get to develop our social media strategy, manage our current channels, and launch new ones. As a creator, you’ll be responsible for our voice on social, and you’ll create engaging content that helps grow our audience and elevate our brand.
The ideal candidate is collaborative and highly creative. You should have experience building a consumer brand presence on social media, with a knack for promoting engaging content experiences and measuring its effectiveness. You should have a strong interest in personal finance, but more importantly be a trend spotter who is passionate about all things social and community building, with a finger on the pulse of new social features, listening tools, and trends. If this sounds like an exciting challenge, we want to hear from you!
This role reports into the Director of Content Marketing.
- Manage day-to-day execution of Wealthfront’s existing social channels like Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook. You’ll be responsible for building a social content calendar that aligns with editorial initiatives as well as collaborating with designers on visual assets.
- Lead community engagement across key social channels, coming up with creative ways for us to drive conversations around personal finance topics while also managing client questions posted through social.
- Support product launches with creative go-to-market campaigns, collaborating with product marketing and compliance teams.
- Help develop social media performance targets and measurement tactics, and articulate key insights, trends, and learnings to marketing team and company stakeholders.
- 4-5 years social media marketing experience, preferably for an established consumer brand with an active community
- Creative copywriting experience, with a knack for embodying a brand’s voice and tone
- An eye for design and how to adapt visuals for different social platforms — especially Instagram! — with the ability to storyboard and collaborate closely with designers
- Influencer marketing experience, either directly managing or working on influencer campaigns
- Experience working with social scheduling & monitoring tools (Buffer, Hootsuite, Sprout Social, etc.)
- Series 7 license, or ability to obtain license within 90 days of hire
- A passion for educating people around personal finance, as well as the company’s mission and vision (not required, but a huge plus if you have experience working for a personal finance brand or have gone through your own journey towards financial empowerment)
Everyone across the financial spectrum deserves to live secure and rewarding lives. In order to successfully serve clients across the United States, the Wealthfront team is focused on hiring team members with a diverse range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Wealthfront is building a NextGen Banking Service. We help you manage your money for both the short term and long term by providing a cash account with the highest APY on the market, best in class automated investment management and free financial advice, anytime you want it. We entered into the space in a big way this year with the launch of our high-interest cash account that offers 2.57% -- highest APY available on the market according to Bankrate.
Our ultimate vision is to optimize and automate all of their clients’ finances and build what we call Self-Driving Money™️. We want clients to be able to automatically deposit their paycheck into their Wealthfront account and take care of the rest -- paying their bills, topping off their emergency fund or 401(k) and investing the rest based on their specific goals and lifestyle. To get there, we’ll be focusing the bulk of our 2019 efforts on creating a better alternative to what the banking industry provides. Join us so you can help us turn this industry on its head and build a service that our clients don't just like, they love.
Back to top