Senior FP&A Analyst
Wealthfront is hiring a finance professional to join its emerging FP&A team. The individual will be a key contributor to the FP&A team in developing high-quality forecasts, reporting on business metrics, and supporting strategic decisions through modeling and analysis for all departments at Wealthfront. The Analyst will interact with executives in a fast-paced, high-growth environment.This person will need to have a strong analytical orientation to support the Finance & Accounting team in looking for opportunities to drive scale in financial operations. The Analyst will combine a commitment to the company mission with a passion to lead a solutions-oriented team that partners on critical operating decisions throughout the organization.
- Lead monthly P&L reviews by recapping results vs. plan and forecast and prepare monthly variance reports.
- Help oversee month-end close activities.
- Proactively identify, develop and implement enhancements to existing reporting and business processes.
Budget / Planning Responsibilities
- Improve and maintain Wealthfront’s consolidated corporate financial model. This includes managing a rolling forecast for the business.
- Collaborate with the Director of Finance and CFO on the development of the annual and long range financial planning process.
- Assist the development of annual and recurring forecasts and scenarios, focusing on the underlying business drivers, key financial and operating metrics, and sensitivity analysis.
- Lead the monthly close and forecast cycle by working closely with the Accounting team and with other members within FP&A, while performing variance analysis and ensuring accurate forecast are achieved.
- Support the production of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial presentations
- Refine systems and modeling tools and techniques to support business growth and seek out process improvement opportunities.
- Perform ad hoc analyses that drive strategic business decisions. Analyze data and financial and business metrics used by the company and senior management.
- Unquestionable ethics.
- Uncompromising attention to detail with the ability to calibrate communications to the level of detail appropriate to the situation and audience.A proven ability to problem solve and proactively address issues in a professional and effective manner.
- Self-starter who regularly takes initiative and can juggle multiple projects simultaneously, demonstrating creativity and judgment while prioritizing appropriately to meet tight deadlines.
- Takes pride in meeting deadlines and exceeding expectations on quality of output.
- 2 to 4 years of experience in financial analysis, including excellent analytical skills and a strong proficiency in financial modeling.
- High level of proficiency in Excel and accounting packages (e.g., NetSuite) required. Database experience (e.g., SQL) a plus. Solid understanding of corporate finance and basic accounting required.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment with minimal supervision. Comfortable working with and articulating financial concepts to functional VPs and senior executives.
- High standard for integrity required for exposure to confidential company performance, legal contracts and employee information.
- Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent) in Finance, Accounting or Economics related field.
Everyone across the financial spectrum deserves to live secure and rewarding lives. In order to successfully serve clients across the United States, the Wealthfront team is focused on hiring team members with a diverse range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Wealthfront is a nextgen banking service. We help you manage your money for both your short-term and long-term goals by providing a cash account with a top-of-market APY, best-in-class automated investment management, and free financial advice, anytime you want it. We entered into the banking space in a big way this year with the launch of our cash account that offers an interest rate 23x greater than the national average. We’ve been overwhelmed by the response and have grown nearly 100% this year already to manage nearly $20 billion in total client assets.
Our ultimate vision is to optimize and automate all of our clients’ finances and build what we call Self-Driving Money™️. We want clients to be able to automatically deposit their paycheck into their Wealthfront account, and let us take care of the rest — paying their bills, topping off their emergency fund or 401(k), and investing the rest based on their specific goals and lifestyle. To get there, we’ll be focusing the bulk of our 2019 efforts on creating a better alternative to what the banking industry provides. Join us so you can help us turn this industry on its head and build a service that our clients don't just like, they love.
Back to top