Senior DevOps Engineer - Networking
As a core member of the DevOps team you will:
- Manage our physical data center server and networking hardware, topology, and connectivity.
- Tune our MySQL and Microsoft SQL Server clusters, optimizing performance, reliability, and availability ensuring ongoing data integrity.
- Identify and measure key infrastructure performance metrics and define service-level objectives (SLOs).
- Maintain our infrastructure by automating traditional sysadmin tasks of hardware provisioning, cluster management, software deployment, and network configuration.
- Design our next generation of infrastructure with goals of decreasing costs and improving performance.
- Participate in our on-call rotation, minimizing spurious alerts through our proportional investment process.
- Mentor junior members of the team and serve as an automation liaison to the wider Engineering team.
This role could be a fit if you have:
- Been involved with managing production data center environments, including hardware provisioning, network device configuration, and capacity planning.
- Demonstrated experience with modern Linux or Windows systems and at least three years of experience running applications and services in production.
- Systems-related software development in Go, Ruby, Python, Java or similar languages.
- Evangelized test-driven development, continuous integration, and automated testing.
- Exposure to running modern relational databases in production.
- Excellent communications skills and collaborated on cross-functional projects. A desire to both learn from and educate your peers.
- BS or MS in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent professional experience.
Once you join, Wealthfront will:
- Pair you with a 1:1 mentor to guide you through our onboarding program.
- Encourage you to lead projects which match your professional goals.
- Support your professional development by providing feedback during weekly 1:1s and during our bi-annual reviews.
- Give you autonomy so you can be a happy and successful member of our team.
Meet Some of Wealthfront's Employees
Whether it’s crafting user flows, designing a direct mail piece, or working on website visuals, Aly uses her passion for human and digital interaction to ensure a great user experience.
Back to top