At Wealthfront we have an ambitious vision to optimize and automate all your personal finances. By delivering our service exclusively through software, we can also offer very low fees and account minimums. Over the past six years our clients have rewarded us with $10 billion to manage and we have attracted some of the best venture capital firms in the business including Benchmark Capital, Greylock, Index Ventures and Social Capital. We recently closed a $75 million round of funding from Tiger Global and are rapidly growing our team. So if you're passionate about helping people secure their ambitions while helping to change an industry, keep reading.
We’re looking for senior engineers to join our new API Platform team. This team owns and operates the services that sit at the core of our product experience and serves to accelerate the distribution of Wealthfront’s products and services across multiple platforms. API Platform engineers partner with backend and frontend engineers and are responsible for building and maintaining the interface, services and tools upon which client facing applications rely. The team maintains its own roadmap and is empowered to make the strategic and technical decisions to drive successful outcomes.
You would be a great fit for this role if you appreciate simple and intuitive software design, have the the self-direction to identify, design and lead greenfield projects and are fulfilled by working cross-functionally to make other teams more productive.
- Lead all phases of the software development lifecycle (planning, design, implementation, deployment and monitoring) to build API infrastructure
- Collaborate with frontend, mobile and backend teams on requirements and solutions to ship new features
- Live and breathe resiliency and uptime
- Consistently improve maintainability and stability of the codebase
- 4+ years of engineering experience working across multiple platforms and environments
- Expertise in Java or similar language (such as Scala, C++ or C#)
- Experience with at least one scripting language
- Deep knowledge of API design principles and best-practices (HTTP, caching, resiliency, RPC, REST and client-driven development)
- Experience building public-facing APIs
- Real passion for agile, test-driven development, continuous integration and automated testing
- Demonstrated leadership and mentorship experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.