Quantitative Research, Intern
As a Data Scientist Intern in Wealthfront’s Data Science organization, you’ll be responsible for helping us deliver algorithmic financial advice using data. You will receive mentorship from a team of talented team of researchers and engineers. Your work will not only provide optimized financial plans to users but also build a framework for delivering advice in a way that optimizes for client adherence and their financial health. Our Data Science team’s purview spans analytics, experimentation, and product prototyping, and this role will be focused on delivering beneficial and intuitive financial guidance to our clients at scale.
- Develop models and algorithms underlying our financial planning and investment products
- Develop actionable insights based on empirical analyses / modeling of relevant data
- Contribute to the development of research infrastructure for modelling, optimization, backtesting, analytics, and data management, to ensure an efficient and robust research process
- Investigate, identify, and acquire internal / external datasets
- Collaborate with other teams (engineering, product, design, marketing, and compliance) to commercialize new products and ongoing enhancements to existing products
- Write high quality code
- Within a year or so of obtaining a PhD or Masters degree in economics / finance / operations research / statistics / computer science (or a related discipline with a strong focus on quantitative analysis)
- Experience analyzing complex data and building statistical models
- Strong background in econometrics / statistics / optimization / machine learning
- Programming competency in R, Matlab, Julia and/or Python
- Programming competency in SQL preferred
- Strong presentation skills and ability to communicate technical content to an audience with varied backgrounds
Everyone across the financial spectrum deserves to live secure and rewarding lives. In order to successfully serve clients across the United States, the Wealthfront team is focused on hiring team members with a diverse range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Wealthfront is a nextgen banking service. We help you manage your money for both your short-term and long-term goals by providing a cash account with a top-of-market APY, best-in-class automated investment management, and free financial advice, anytime you want it. We entered into the banking space in a big way this past year with the launch of our cash account that offers an interest rate 18x greater than the national average. We’ve been overwhelmed by the response and grew over 100% last year to manage over $23 billion in total client assets.
Our ultimate vision is to optimize and automate all of our clients’ finances and build what we call Self-Driving Money™️. We want clients to be able to automatically deposit their paycheck into their Wealthfront account, and let us take care of the rest — paying their bills, topping off their emergency fund or 401(k), and investing the rest based on their specific goals and lifestyle. To get there, we’ll be focusing the bulk of our 2019 efforts on creating a better alternative to what the banking industry provides. Join us so you can help us turn this industry on its head and build a service that our clients don't just like, they love.
Back to top