Quantitative Analyst / Data Scientist
We are seeking a quantitative analyst / data scientist to join the Quantitative Research team at Wealthfront. The primary responsibility of the role is to investigate and develop proprietary, automated investment strategies addressing our clients' various investment problems. Your focus will span topics related to asset allocation, portfolio construction, optimization, tax efficiency, trade execution, behavioral finance, and will afford you the opportunity to work with a proprietary dataset spanning the investments of hundreds of thousands of clients. Successful candidates will combine an ability to derive and apply quantitative models to the empirical analysis of financial and client data. Code and models are the way we express insights and analysis, thus you need to be comfortable working with large datasets and writing significant amounts of R code.
- Build reproducible backtests for proposed models / algorithms
- Contribute to the deployment and implementation of differentiated investment services
- Contribute to the development of infrastructure for modelling, optimization, backtesting, analytics, and data management
- Investigate, identify, and acquire internal / external datasets
- Collaborate with other teams (engineering, product, design, marketing, and compliance) to commercialize new products and ongoing enhancements to existing products
- BS or Masters Degree in mathematics, statistics, economics or computer science (or a related quantitative discipline). If you are thinking about doing a PhD someday, chances are you’ll love our team.
- Experience analyzing complex data and building statistical models
- Programming proficiency in R or Python (you have written massive amounts of code, employing revision control, and testing)
- Programming competency in SQL preferred
- Programming competency in Java, Scala
- Experience with AWS cloud computing technologies
Everyone across the financial spectrum deserves to live secure and rewarding lives. In order to successfully serve clients across the United States, the Wealthfront team is focused on hiring team members with a diverse range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Wealthfront’s vision is to optimize and automate our clients' finances exclusively through software. We've engineered a platform that delivers highly personalized advice and services including investment management, financial planning, and personal banking.
Wealthfront employees enable our clients to achieve their financial goals by developing sophisticated algorithms and investment strategies, intuitive user experiences and scalable infrastructure to continuously deploy mission-critical code. Join us as we help clients create their roadmap to financial freedom and scale from $11 billion in assets under management to trillions (yes, trillions).
Back to top