Staff Product Designer
Our mission is pretty simple; we believe that everyone deserves sophisticated financial advice. In just three short years, Wealthfront has rolled out the features and services that now define a new category that we call 'automated investment services.' We are focused on taking services typically reserved for the ultra-wealthy, automating them and delivering them directly to the investors at an incredibly low cost. We have clients in all 50 states who trust us with over $4 billion in assets and growing. With our clients' trust, we believe we can and will change this industry.
We’re a young, passionate company with much to accomplish. We’re looking for a few more exceptional designers who want to exercise their full range of design skills, taking on challenges such as designing new investment products, redefining the client experience for new mobile platforms, or improving our new client registration & onboarding. Designers participate in the product development process from idea conception, research and wireframing, to visual execution, marketing, and development support.
As a Wealthfront Product Designer, you will partner closely with other designers, product managers, engineers, and the rest of the team to create amazing mobile and web experiences for our clients. It’s a great opportunity to work on an important problem and mission, and join a really fun team.
- Collaborate with a cross functional team of designers, product managers and engineers on all parts of the product development lifecycle.
- Design simple flows and elegant experiences, across our mobile and web platforms.
- Help us shape our visual aesthetic and create a cohesive brand presence across all our products and platforms.
- Explore great data visualizations to make personal finance approachable, intuitive, and engaging.
- Learn and contribute through regular design meetings and critiques.
- A portfolio showcasing user-centered designs that are beautiful, delightful, and easy-to-use.
- Passion and talent for designing end-to-end experiences.
- Ability to concept simple and elegant solutions to complex user problems and business opportunities.
- Experience composing thoughtful user flows and wireframes, as well as sweating the details as we finalize the pixels before launch.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Self motivated, can work independently.
- Degree in Design, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 4+ years of experience, a plus.
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS, or applicable programming language a plus.
- Some understanding of personal finance a plus.
Meet Some of Wealthfront's Employees
Lead Software Engineer
Ria plans and advances Wealthfront’s product projects. It's her responsibility to architect and implement new features for clients with the company's future-forward investment technology.
Back to top