Manager of Accounting
- Manage accounting staff and provide clear guidance to facilitate end-to-end, timely and accurate financial reporting process.
- Lead the annual financial audit including organizing responses to PBCs, writing footnotes to financial documents, and driving a well-organized process to ensure accurate and timely filings. Key interface to external audits.
- Manage the month, quarter and year-end close activities at each subsidiary and on a consolidated basis.
- Prepare and review journal entries, account reconciliations, P&L and balance sheet flux and variance analysis.
- Improve processes to drive efficiency and effectiveness over corporate accounting and GL activities.
- Develop and document internal controls, policies, and procedures; ensure proper documentation and record-keeping compliance.
- Lead continuous process improvement projects, provide meaningful proposals and drive implementation.
- Understand team member’s concerns and be willing to assist in their professional development.
- Prevent inaccuracies in and maintain reliability of financial documents by setting up internal control systems and embracing proper policies for financial reporting.
- Assist both the CFO and the Senior Director of Finance in the establishment of a scalable firm-wide accounting function.
- Maintain positive relationships with regulators (including FINRA, SEC) and auditors (E&Y) by analyzing, researching and responding to inquiries in a timely and accurate manner.
- Solve complex problems creatively and collaboratively.
- Liaison with accounting software, system vendors, and consultants as required and make recommendations as to ways we can automate and enhance our accounting operations through the implementation of new systems.
- Customer-centric business philosophy and team-oriented mindset.
- Unquestionable ethics.
- Shown ability to communicate effectively at all levels of an organization.
- Uncompromising attention to detail with the ability to communicate to the level of detail appropriate to the situation and audience.
- Prior experience as a manager leading and developing a team of financial and accounting professionals.
- Ability to problem solve and actively address issues in a professional and effective manner.
- Enthusiasm to apply technology to business processes.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to set and meet deadlines in a high paced environment.
- Strong analytical skills, including demonstrated experience identifying and quantifying problems and providing effective solutions.
- Self-starter who regularly takes initiative and can juggle multiple projects while simultaneously demonstrating creativity and judgment.
- Takes pride in meeting deadlines and exceeding expectations on quality of output.
- Proficiency in MS Excel and accounting packages, specifically experience in NetSuite.
- BA/BS required; CPA strongly preferred.
Meet Some of Wealthfront's Employees
Whether it’s crafting user flows, designing a direct mail piece, or working on website visuals, Aly uses her passion for human and digital interaction to ensure a great user experience.
Back to top