Our mission at Wealthfront is pretty simple: we believe that everyone deserves access to sophisticated financial advice. Over the past five years, Wealthfront has built a technology company focused on re-architecting the finance industry. Some might call us ‘robo-advisor’, but we promise we’re made up of humans. Our world-class research team develops sophisticated and time-tested investment strategies, and our product and engineering teams build the software that enables us to deliver them automatically and at scale, right to your phone. And because of our software-only approach we’re able to offer our comprehensive planning and investment solution at an incredibly low cost. And it’s working; we have loyal clients who trust us with over $7 billion in assets -- and we’re just getting started!
About the Role
We’re looking for a Head of Content & Editorial who can help us change the conversation around finance. We’ve democratized access to sophisticated financial services, and now we want to democratize context. In other words, we want to make the boring, mundane, and complicated not boring, mundane, and complicated. So if you have a passion for helping re-architect an industry by not being conventional, keep reading!
This is an amazing opportunity for an experienced, talented professional to help build a creative and transformative content strategy to help make deeper connections with our young and ambitious client base (yep, we’re talking millennials). In this role you’ll set the editorial and programming vision, help build innovative content formats and programs (be bold!), and unlock new distribution channels to enable Wealthfront to provide “context for all”, driving awareness, engagement, and conversion along the way. Creativity will be key -- we want to remove the anxiety and confusion that often comes with complex financial jargon by creating sticky teachable moments. In other words, we want to be informative and entertaining without dumbing anything down. At the same time we want to ensure that we’re showcasing our sophistication, so you’ll partner closely with our research and executive teams to ensure our thought-leadership stories pack a punch (without losing the audience).
This role reports into the Vice President of Marketing.
- Develop a content strategy that supports Wealthfront’s brand voice and overall brand strategy, with the goal of making deeper, more meaningful connections with existing and prospective clients.
- Lead the editorial calendar process across product launches and audience/segment development, while also managing key content channels (including the Wealthfront blog, website, email, social, affiliate partners, affiliate partners, etc.).
- Partner with internal teams (research, product marketing, product, design, communications, compliance, etc.) to build a roadmap around content creation for both organic and paid distribution.
- Build a robust video strategy to help creatively inform and entertain clients about products, features, and other financial information.
- Oversee the creation of content (both with internal teams and external partners and agencies), developing a process to drive scale, innovation, testing and iteration.
- Devise compelling ways to feature our research and executive team members, while also developing an influencer strategy to further bolster the quality of the content.
- Partner with product, design, and engineering team to continue to evolve and optimize our website to surface the best and most relevant content to our readers, driving engagement and conversion.
- Partner with the growth team to ensure we’re delivering the best content to our clients via e-mail and other direct channels.
- Consistently measure, analyze and report ongoing content performance against key performance indicators.
- Build an organizational hiring roadmap (FTEs and contractors) to ensure we can effectively scale content.
- Inherent customer empathy, with experience building content for specific audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to establish, maintain and continually improve editorial processes and workflows.
- Exceptional content strategy skills and a proven track record for using content to drive business results.
- Excellent writing skills, with the ability to diffuse complex or complicated topics into snackable and delightful content experiences.
- Experience establishing the brand voice across different digital and social channels.
- Proven ability to not only work well with cross-functional teams, but effectively leverage internal stakeholders to help kickstart successful programs.
- Experience building teams, with an emphasis on people development and mentorship.
- Knowledge around measuring the effectiveness of content initiatives.
- Creative as hell, with an appreciation for humor and an eye for design.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher.
- 8+ years of content and editorial experience, with deep expertise in digital and video.
- Experience working for consumer internet businesses (products, services, or platforms).
- Experience building and distributing organic and paid content, as well as developing partnerships for branded experiences.
- Ability to “do more with less” and prioritize based on what will drive the business most effectively.
- Management experience, both internal teams, as well as freelancers and agency partners.
- Personal finance knowledge/experience preferred, but not required.
Wealthfront is the only robo-advisor to offer both investment management and financial planning exclusively through software. Because of this approach, we've quickly become the automated advisor of choice among young people. Anyone can open a Wealthfront investment account with $500 to access a unique Passive+ investment strategy that includes a combination of a diversified portfolio of ETFs and tax minimization strategies. All clients receive financial planning through the service, Path, at no additional cost. Wealthfront does not charge management fees on the first $10,000 and for amounts above that the annual management fee is 0.25
% - a fraction of what financial advisors charge. Wealthfront's strategy is to take high end financial services that are reserved for those who have millions of dollars and deliver them to young consumers through software. The majority of Wealthfront clients are in their 30s and 40s and have less than $1 million to invest. Wealthfront was founded by Andy Rachleff and Dan Carroll, who launched the service in December 2011. Wealthfront has raised over $129 million in funding from Benchmark Capital, DAG Ventures, Dragoneer Investment Group, Greylock Partners, Index Ventures, Ribbit Capital, Social + Capital and Spark Capital, and is based in Redwood City, CA. For more information please visit www.wealthfront.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.