Our mission at Wealthfront is pretty simple: we believe that everyone deserves access to sophisticated financial advice. Over the past five years, Wealthfront has built a technology company focused on re-architecting the finance industry. Some might call us ‘robo-advisor’, but we promise we’re made up of humans. Our world-class research team develops sophisticated and time-tested investment strategies, and our product and engineering teams build the software that enables us to deliver them automatically and at scale, right to your phone. And because of our software-only approach we’re able to offer our comprehensive planning and investment solution at an incredibly low cost. And it’s working; we have loyal clients who trust us with over $7 billion in assets -- and we’re just getting started!
ABOUT THE ROLE
At Wealthfront we’re focused on younger clients who who want sophisticated financial advice without having to jump through hurdles to get it. As the Growth & Performance Marketing Lead you’ll have a unique opportunity to help us grow our top of funnel and help tell the Wealthfront. Overall we’re looking for a strategist and analytical thinker who is passionate about solving complex problems, but also embraces the tactical execution start-up life requires. At Wealthfront we focus on efficiency with our paid channels, so you’ll own the P&L of a substantial portion of our business. Your opportunity is to add more of the customers we want by optimizing existing channels and identifying new channels (including influencers) where we can make meaningful connections with our target audience. Additionally you’ll help develop opportunities to drive organic growth, which has been a key driver for the business.
- Lead growth and drive acquisition of new customers across multiple channels, including paid digital/social, SEM, SEO, affiliates, email, etc.
- Design, implement, test, and scale new and existing paid marketing channels across all major and emerging online and mobile advertising channels
- Analyze the performance of new and existing paid marketing channels to optimize for channel performance
- Act as the direct interface with our various paid marketing platforms and tools, owning all administrative responsibilities including payments, reporting and analysis
- Drive, lead and monitor A/B and multivariate tests to optimize conversion and other key performance metrics
- Own website traffic and conversion, and generate data-driven hypotheses for alternate messaging
- Interface with engineering, design and data analytics to address all design, measurement and engineering needs related to scaling our paid marketing efforts
- Own P&L for a significant marketing budget, with direct accountability for new customer acquisition
- Present findings and insights to the marketing team and senior management as necessary
- Bachelor's Degree or higher
- 5+ years of relevant experience in a B2C environment (consumer tech experience with a high growth company is a plus)
- Experience driving growth across the customer funnel, from acquisition to retention
- Experience running paid marketing efforts across various advertising platforms including Google, Facebook, Twitter, and other key digital advertising channels
- Experience driving mobile app adoption, including paid installs, app store optimization and other key strategies (paid and organic)
- Strong strategic and analytical skills
- Ability to do budgeting, modeling, and performance tracking using Excel or similar environments
- Some knowledge of SQL and experience with accessing and retrieving data from online data warehouse environments
- Ability to translate data and analysis into compelling presentations and written communications
- Management experience a plus, but not required
- Personal finance knowledge/experience is a big bonus, but not required
Wealthfront is the only robo-advisor to offer both investment management and financial planning exclusively through software. Because of this approach, we've quickly become the automated advisor of choice among young people. Anyone can open a Wealthfront investment account with $500 to access a unique investment strategy that includes a combination of a diversified portfolio of ETFs and tax minimization strategies. All clients receive financial planning through the service, Path, at no additional cost. Wealthfront does not charge management fees on the first $10,000 and for amounts above that the annual management fee is 0.25% - a fraction of what financial advisors charge. Wealthfront's strategy is to take high end financial services that are reserved for those who have millions of dollars and deliver them to young consumers through software. The majority of Wealthfront clients are in their 30s and 40s and have less than $1 million to invest. Wealthfront was founded by Andy Rachleff and Dan Carroll, who launched the service in December 2011. Wealthfront has raised over $129 million in funding from Benchmark Capital, DAG Ventures, Dragoneer Investment Group, Greylock Partners, Index Ventures, Ribbit Capital, Social + Capital and Spark Capital, and is based in Redwood City, CA. For more information please visit www.wealthfront.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.