Our frontend engineering team is responsible for building the client-facing web application and for building best in class user interfaces and web platform infrastructure that will help deliver delightful experiences to our clients. Remote candidates are encouraged to apply!
What You'll Work On
- Product engineering: Lead and execute on a wide range of product initiatives that will significantly impact the business. These initiatives could include developing the next feature for Path, our financial planning platform or creating delightful user experiences to deliver our innovative banking and investment products.
- Web platform infrastructure: Prioritize and lead web platform infrastructure projects to improve the health and performance of our systems and increase product delivery velocity by developing new tools and capabilities.
- Test, Build and Deployment Infrastructure: We deploy our frontend services multiple times per hour and are constantly scaling to support more users, services, and engineers, so we’re heavily invested improving this infrastructure. We ascribe significant value to i) tools and libraries that keep our automated tests reliable and fast and ii) stable build and deployment infrastructure that scales as we grow.
Our tech stack
- Our application server is a JRuby on Rails web server and our client-side application is built using React, Redux and D3. Our automated testing infrastructure uses a variety of frameworks and libraries including Jest, Sinon, Chai, RSpec and Capybara. We rely on in-house solutions for things like feature flags, A/B tests and our continuous deployment system.
What you have
- 2+ years in a frontend engineering role
- Experience with Ruby on Rails or similar server-side frameworks (such as Express or Django)
- Real passion for test-driven development, continuous integration, and automated testing
- BS, MS, or PhD in computer science, math, physics, or related field
Everyone across the financial spectrum deserves to live secure and rewarding lives. In order to successfully serve clients across the United States, the Wealthfront team is focused on hiring team members with a diverse range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Wealthfront is a nextgen banking service. We help you manage your money for both your short-term and long-term goals by providing a cash account with a top-of-market APY, best-in-class automated investment management, and free financial advice, anytime you want it. We entered into the banking space in a big way this year with the launch of our cash account that offers an interest rate 23x greater than the national average. We’ve been overwhelmed by the response and have grown nearly 100% this year already to manage nearly $20 billion in total client assets.
Our ultimate vision is to optimize and automate all of our clients’ finances and build what we call Self-Driving Money™️. We want clients to be able to automatically deposit their paycheck into their Wealthfront account, and let us take care of the rest — paying their bills, topping off their emergency fund or 401(k), and investing the rest based on their specific goals and lifestyle. To get there, we’ll be focusing the bulk of our 2019 efforts on creating a better alternative to what the banking industry provides. Join us so you can help us turn this industry on its head and build a service that our clients don't just like, they love.
Back to top