Our mission is pretty simple; we believe that everyone deserves sophisticated financial advice. Over the past five years, Wealthfront has rolled out the features and services that now define a new category that we call 'automated investment services.' We are focused on taking services typically reserved for the ultra-wealthy, automating them and delivering them directly to the investors at an incredibly low cost. We have clients in all 50 states who trust us with $5 billion in assets and growing. With our clients' trust, we believe we can and will change this industry.
Our engineers write test-driven code in a continuous deployment environment. We deploy to production many times a day. As an Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for empowering our engineers and supporting their technical and professional growth.
- Collaborate with other functional teams (product management, design, customer service)
- Monitor team productivity, remove roadblocks, identify and implement improvements to our process
- Promote success for team members along their career path at Wealthfront
- Facilitate the exchange of information among all Wealthfront employees in a systematic manner
- Lead effective organizational improvement within our hyper-growth company
- Combine data-driven process and human empathy to iteratively develop and assess our collective teams and individual team members
- Evaluate technical abilities of individual engineers, in order to match them with projects which demonstrate their strengths and stretch them to grow
- Provide technical mentorship and training to engineers building distributed systems in Java
- Partner with Recruiting to build well-rounded, effective, and inclusive engineering teams
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 4+ years engineering experience (post-degree) and at least 1-2 years management experience
- Experience shipping consumer Internet products as an individual contributor
- Recent hands-on coding experience in Java
- Track record of leading productive engineering teams
- Experience hiring, mentoring, coaching and developing top engineering talent
- Understanding of successful team dynamics and how your role as a manager fits into this process
- Passionate about collaborative problem solving
- Eagerness to solve challenging problems
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Meet Some of Wealthfront's Employees
Lead Software Engineer
Ria plans and advances Wealthfront’s product projects. It's her responsibility to architect and implement new features for clients with the company's future-forward investment technology.
Back to top