Our mission is pretty simple: we believe that everyone deserves access to sophisticated financial advice. Over the past five years, Wealthfront has built a technology company focused on re-architecting the finance industry, and along the way we’ve created a new category known as automated investment services (aka ‘robo-advisors’, but truth be told we’re fairly light on robots). What that actually means is we build software that enables us to democratize access to services typically reserved for the ultra-wealthy, and through automation we can deliver those services to investors at an incredibly low cost. And it’s working; we have clients across the country who trust us with nearly $6.5 billion in assets -- and we’re just getting started!
Our engineers write test-driven code in a continuous deployment environment. We deploy to production many times a day. As an Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for empowering our engineers and supporting their technical and professional growth.
- Collaborate with other functional teams (product management, design, customer service)
- Monitor team productivity, remove roadblocks, identify and implement improvements to our process
- Promote success for team members along their career path at Wealthfront
- Facilitate the exchange of information among all Wealthfront employees in a systematic manner
- Lead effective organizational improvement within our hyper-growth company
- Combine data-driven process and human empathy to iteratively develop and assess our collective teams and individual team members
- Evaluate technical abilities of individual engineers, in order to match them with projects which demonstrate their strengths and stretch them to grow
- Provide technical mentorship and training to engineers building distributed systems in Java
- Partner with Recruiting to build well-rounded, effective, and inclusive engineering teams
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 4+ years engineering experience (post-degree) and at least 1-2 years management experience
- Experience shipping consumer Internet products as an individual contributor
- Recent hands-on coding experience in Java
- Track record of leading productive engineering teams
- Experience hiring, mentoring, coaching and developing top engineering talent
- Understanding of successful team dynamics and how your role as a manager fits into this process
- Passionate about collaborative problem solving
- Eagerness to solve challenging problems
Wealthfront is the only robo-advisor to offer both investment management and financial planning exclusively through software. Because of this approach, we've quickly become the automated advisor of choice among young people. Anyone can open a Wealthfront investment account with $500 to access a unique investment strategy that includes a combination of a diversified portfolio of ETFs and tax minimization strategies. All clients receive financial planning through the service, Path, at no additional cost. Wealthfront does not charge management fees on the first $10,000 and for amounts above that the annual management fee is 0.25% - a fraction of what financial advisors charge. Wealthfront's strategy is to take high end financial services that are reserved for those who have millions of dollars and deliver them to young consumers through software. The majority of Wealthfront clients are in their 30s and 40s and have less than $1 million to invest. Wealthfront was founded by Andy Rachleff and Dan Carroll, who launched the service in December 2011. Wealthfront has raised over $129 million in funding from Benchmark Capital, DAG Ventures, Dragoneer Investment Group, Greylock Partners, Index Ventures, Ribbit Capital, Social + Capital and Spark Capital, and is based in Redwood City, CA. For more information please visit www.wealthfront.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Meet Some of Wealthfront's Employees
Lead Software Engineer
Ria plans and advances Wealthfront’s product projects. It's her responsibility to architect and implement new features for clients with the company's future-forward investment technology.
Back to top