Director of UX Content
- Palo Alto, CA
We are building a digital-only financial hub, that’s working hard to improve financial outcomes for our clients while they spend their time doing the things they love. We envision a future where we automatically route a clients paycheck intelligently to take care of their day-to-day needs, emergency funds, savings for upcoming expenses, sending kids to college and a secure long-term future. This is an audacious and inspiring vision we call Self-driving Money™.
Unlike many large companies where designers are trained to make incremental changes and work through a chain of hierarchy to advocate for bold new ideas, designers at Wealthfront are expected to be innovative, creative and strategic, because design is critical to realizing our vision. Designers are expected to define problems, new opportunities and solutions that are deeply rooted in human psychology and behavior as well as a sound understanding of our technology and business, all in very tight collaboration with engineers, product managers, researchers and data scientists. In an environment where we’re making big bets, and innovation is encouraged, we embrace failure and care much more about magnitude of success versus percentage of times we are successful. And unlike many organizations, design is an equal partner to engineering and product and plays an important role in the executive staff that collectively make all critical strategic decisions.
Content Strategy at Wealthfront
We believe content strategy is critical to earning and maintaining client trust. We count on our content strategists to design empathetic product experiences that are essential to realizing our vision. Every content strategist at Wealthfront is expected to leverage their expertise and craft to identify new product opportunities, conceive new ideas, define and shape the product experience iteratively, and participate in user research. And of course all this happens in close collaboration with cross-functional partners.
About the role
We are looking for a stellar head of content strategy who can define the future of Wealthfront products with the primary objective of improving our clients’ financial lives and driving business impact. As the head of content strategy, you will build, manage, and guide an exceptional team of content strategists across all our product areas and foster a culture of content excellence.
You will report to the VP of Design and will be a fundamental part of the design leadership team. We will work closely together to shape and evolve the design org, so it can serve the needs of our rapidly growing organization and business.
Who’s a good fit
- A leader. You care deeply about the company mission and prioritize the team and company ahead of yourself; lead with inspiration, humility, and strategic clarity; are adaptable, resilient, and have foresight to thrive in a high-growth environment
- A UX leader. You are a strategic thinker and problem solver who thrives in complexity and ambiguity, and have envisioned and executed elegant and intuitive product experiences from the ground up, specially leveraging the unique craft of content
- A content crafts/man/woman. You have an ear for the nuances of voice and tone, and understand how exceptional content can develop trust and engagement with clients
- A people manager. You invest in the careers of the content strategists on your team through advocacy, empathy, feedback, coaching, and career mentorship
- A collaborative partner. You’re a content ambassador and relationship-builder who understands what content can do for our product and company, and knows how to partner cross-functionally to deliver on that
What you’ll do
- Develop, manage, and implement vision for Content Strategy at Wealthfront for all products
- Scale the impact of the function by leading new content strategy initiatives that align with company strategy and focus
- Hire, manage, and grow the content strategy team to support all product roadmaps; cultivate a growth mindset; identify and develop each team member’s strengths and help shape their career
- Collaborate closely with Marketing to create a cohesive and unified brand voice and tone, and customer experience across all touchpoints
- Build a culture of content excellence and ensure high quality execution of all in-flight work
- Create systems, processes, and workflows for effective cross-functional collaboration and tighter integration of content into our product development process
- Develop and evolve our content standards and style guide and enure adoption and application of these among content strategists, designers, and PMs
- Partner with design leaders and other cross-functional leaders to drive new ideas and initiatives for the organization at large
- Represent the content function internally and externally
Experience we’re looking for
- Minimum 5 years of experience leading and managing high-impact content strategy teams ideally in consumer technology businesses
- Minimum 8 years of UX strategy, writing, or editorial work in a highly cross-functional and collaborative environment with designers, PMs, engineers, and data science
- Experience envisioning and implementing brand-new products from conception to shipping
- Experience driving content initiatives that influence product strategy/roadmap and creating new value for customers or solving business/operation problems
- Experience creating and driving process and workflow changes
- Deep understanding of information architecture, narrative for customer journeys, and UX content frameworks
- Experience creating or updating style guidelines for brand voice and tone
Everyone across the financial spectrum deserves to live secure and rewarding lives. In order to successfully serve clients across the United States, the Wealthfront team is focused on hiring team members with a diverse range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Wealthfront is a nextgen banking service. We help you manage your money for both your short-term and long-term goals by providing a cash account with a top-of-market APY, best-in-class automated investment management, and free financial advice, anytime you want it.
Our ultimate vision is to optimize and automate all of our clients’ finances and build what we call Self-Driving Money™️. We want clients to be able to automatically deposit their paycheck into their Wealthfront account, and let us take care of the rest — paying their bills, topping off their emergency fund or 401(k), and investing the rest based on their specific goals and lifestyle. To get there, we’ll be focusing the bulk of our 2020 efforts on creating a better alternative to what the banking industry provides. Join us so you can help us turn this industry on its head and build a service that our clients don't just like, they love.
Back to top