Director, Business Development
As a Director of Business Development on Wealthfront’s strategic Business Development team, you’ll be responsible for driving and executing new and existing strategic initiatives. As part of these efforts, you will work closely with the executive team and collaborate cross-functionally with your colleagues to identify, engage and execute strategic product and channel partnership opportunities. We will count on you to develop and maintain strong and meaningful relationships between Wealthfront and its partners.
This is an opportunity to play a critical role in building our NextGen Banking Services.
- Evaluate potential high priority and maximally impactful projects, products and distribution strategies that are partner dependent
- Build financial models and identify key drivers to effectively drive partner negotiations
- Manage and strengthen existing relationships with external partners
- Collaborate with a broad range of stakeholders and team members including members of the Wealthfront executive team
- 8+ years of postgraduate work experience at a top tier professional services (e.g., consulting, banking) and leading technology company
- Highly analytical with strong financial modeling skills
- Executive level relationships across the financial services and technology industries
- Experience leading partner discussions with limited supervision
- Knowledge of SQL and experience with accessing and retrieving data from online data warehouse environments
- You derive more joy from the grind, discomfort and uncertainty that comes with working at a startup to the comforts of working at a large company
Everyone across the financial spectrum deserves to live secure and rewarding lives. In order to successfully serve clients across the United States, the Wealthfront team is focused on hiring team members with a diverse range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Wealthfront is a nextgen banking service. We help you manage your money for both your short-term and long-term goals by providing a cash account with a top-of-market APY, best-in-class automated investment management, and free financial advice, anytime you want it. We entered into the banking space in a big way this year with the launch of our cash account that offers an interest rate 23x greater than the national average. We’ve been overwhelmed by the response and have grown nearly 100% this year already to manage nearly $20 billion in total client assets.
Our ultimate vision is to optimize and automate all of our clients’ finances and build what we call Self-Driving Money™️. We want clients to be able to automatically deposit their paycheck into their Wealthfront account, and let us take care of the rest — paying their bills, topping off their emergency fund or 401(k), and investing the rest based on their specific goals and lifestyle. To get there, we’ll be focusing the bulk of our 2019 efforts on creating a better alternative to what the banking industry provides. Join us so you can help us turn this industry on its head and build a service that our clients don't just like, they love.
Back to top