Data Science - New College Graduate
As a Data Scientist in Wealthfront’s Data Science organization, you’ll be responsible for improving the quality of our decisions using data and the scientific method. Your work will generate tools and insights that inform product and business decisions throughout the company and across the product lifecycle, from ideation and research to launch and iteration. You will mentor and collaborate with your data science colleagues with a focus on technical skills and career development. We are fortunate to work with experienced product managers and engineers that have worked on products at companies like Facebook, Google, Twitter and Apple. This is an opportunity to learn from some of the most experienced operators in the startup world and to further an important and meaningful mission. Our Data Science team focuses on product analytics (for the product areas of Financial Planning, Financial Services including Investments & Cash accounts, and customer experience), A/B Testing, growth/marketing analytics, and risk analytics (fraud, credit).
What you'll do
- Work closely with cross-functional teams of product managers and engineers, translating open-ended business issues into data questions, identifying practical approaches including A/B testing to answer them, and carrying out timely and well-documented analyses that influence our product and company strategy.
- Design and develop data products to assist consumers with decisions around investments, financial planning, and advice. Understand and communicate a data-driven picture of our clients, product and business (and their interaction) to the company
- Continuously look for, and execute upon, opportunities to improve the quality of our data, infrastructure and products
- Understand and communicate a holistic picture of the business to the company
- Promote the automation of repetitive tasks and the creation of tools over ad hoc analyses, making your insights available to anyone that can benefit from them
What we're looking for
- You subscribe to Wealthfront’s values and mission and can articulate the reasons why, and have an understanding of our product, business model and key metrics.
- Ability to access, transform, visualize, and model datasets with minimal engineering support, and communicate your results clearly, both verbally and in writing
- A firm foundation of the basic tool-box of regression and classification models, as well as causal inference, experimental design and time series modeling
- You can effectively prioritize and objectively edit your own work
- You care about producing reproducible work and have picked up tools to this end
- You enjoy mentoring others on subjects such as causal inference, experimental design, data visualization or behavioral psychology
- You have built something first hand that you’re proud of
- You are currently learning something beyond your immediate area of focus in college or at work
- Programming competency in R or Python
- BS, MS, or PhD in computer science, mathematics, statistics, economics or related field
Everyone across the financial spectrum deserves to live secure and rewarding lives. In order to successfully serve clients across the United States, the Wealthfront team is focused on hiring team members with a diverse range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Wealthfront is a nextgen banking service. We help you manage your money for both your short-term and long-term goals by providing a cash account with a top-of-market APY, best-in-class automated investment management, and free financial advice, anytime you want it. We entered into the banking space in a big way this past year with the launch of our cash account that offers an interest rate 18x greater than the national average. We’ve been overwhelmed by the response and grew over 100% last year to manage over $23 billion in total client assets.
Our ultimate vision is to optimize and automate all of our clients’ finances and build what we call Self-Driving Money™️. We want clients to be able to automatically deposit their paycheck into their Wealthfront account, and let us take care of the rest — paying their bills, topping off their emergency fund or 401(k), and investing the rest based on their specific goals and lifestyle. To get there, we’ll be focusing the bulk of our 2019 efforts on creating a better alternative to what the banking industry provides. Join us so you can help us turn this industry on its head and build a service that our clients don't just like, they love.
Back to top