At Wealthfront we have an ambitious vision to optimize and automate all your personal finances. By delivering our service exclusively through software, we can also offer very low fees and account minimums. Over the past six years our clients have rewarded us with $10 billion to manage and we have attracted some of the best venture capital firms in the business including Benchmark Capital, Greylock, Index Ventures and Social Capital. We recently closed a $75 million round of funding from Tiger Global and are rapidly growing our team. So if you're passionate about helping people secure their ambitions while helping to change an industry, keep reading.
Wealthfront is hiring a Compliance Associate to join our growing team of compliance, legal and risk professionals. Working closely with the broader Legal and Compliance teams, and under the direction of our Chief Compliance Officer, the successful candidate will support a wide variety of broker-dealer and investment adviser compliance and risk initiatives. This person will also work closely with our other departments including product, design, engineering, customer support and marketing teams to provide the best client experience possible.
- Compliance Advisory: Provides business partners with actionable guidance and advice to effect compliance with regulatory and Wealthfront standards in support of developing products, services, features, and strategic initiatives, with a strong focus on client service and operations
- Actively work with Wealthfront’s business partners to help identify areas of potential risk or non-compliance, and in collaboration with the Legal and Compliance teams, manage the documentation and resolution process
- Work with engineers to provide advice regarding rules and regulation impacting trading
- Compliance Supervision, Testing, and Monitoring: Assist with regular, annual, and ad-hoc testing and monitoring of policies and procedures of multiple departments and entities to ensure compliance with applicable regulations
- Policies and Procedures: Assist with reviewing, formulating, implementing and updating broker-dealer and investment adviser compliance programs policies, procedures, and initiatives
- Education, Training, and Promoting a Culture of Compliance: Develop, enhance, and deliver compliance-related training to all Wealthfront employees, including training specific to rules, regulations, standards, and resources, including required Annual Compliance Meeting, FINRA Firm Element, and continuing education
- Assist with third party vendor risk reviews, mitigation, and due diligence
- Audit and Regulatory Examinations: Provide general support to Compliance, Legal, Operations, Finance, and all other departments in preparing for and executing responses to routine audits and examinations
- Customer-focused, business-centric and team-oriented mindset
- Strong organizational skills, able to set and meet deadlines in a high paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively at all levels of an organization
- Curiosity and interest in applying technology to enhance business processes
- Broad analytical skills, with experience identifying and quantifying problems while providing creative, effective solutions
- Strong working knowledge of FINRA and SEC rules and record-keeping requirements, preferred
- Knowledge of trading processes and applicable regulations preferred
- Financial product experience including mutual funds, money market funds, ETFs and margin products
- Experience with or general understanding of broader financial services including investment advisory, planning, and banking
- Willingness to obtain FINRA Series 7 and Series 24 required
- Willingness to obtain Series 52, 53 and 65/66, a plus
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience and at least three years of professional experience, including direct experience as a compliance, operations, or service professional at a broker-dealer or investment advisory firm
For more information please visit www.wealthfront.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top