Our mission is pretty simple; we believe that everyone deserves sophisticated financial advice. In just three short years, Wealthfront has rolled out the features and services that now define a new category that we call 'automated investment services.' We are focused on taking services typically reserved for the ultra-wealthy, automating them and delivering them directly to the investors at an incredibly low cost. We have clients in all 50 states who trust us with over $4 billion in assets and growing. With our clients' trust, we believe we can and will change this industry.
Wealthfront is currently hiring a Compliance Associate to be responsible for regulatory reporting as well as other general compliance duties. This position will work with our Chief Compliance Officer to meet industry rules and regulations. As a member of the Compliance team, this person works closely with all other divisions of Wealthfront Inc. and its wholly-owned broker-dealer subsidiary, Wealthfront Brokerage Corporation, including the engineering and product teams, to provide the best client experience possible.
- Assist in updating regulatory disclosure documents such as ADV Part 1, ADV Part 2A, and ADV Part 2B and maintaining registrations in CRD/IARD
- Review and help update Securities & Exchange Commission (SEC) Rule 206(4)-7 Policies and Procedures manual.
- Review and help update broker-dealer Compliance Manual and Written Supervisory Procedures.
- Manage Issue resolution process.
- Monitor employee activities such as outside business activities, personal securities transactions and social media.
- Provide compliance support in the onboarding process of new employees.
- Conduct testing of policies and procedures of multiple departments to manage and mitigate risk.
- Perform surveillance of customer and firm transactions.
- Summarize results of testing and provide timely feedback to management.
- Assist in the overall annual risk assessment of the firm and control structure.
- Provide first line compliance support to Operations and Marketing, particularly in reviewing our disclosures and customer-facing materials.
- Identify areas of non-compliance, communicate any deficiencies to management, and manage the documentation and resolution of the issue.
- Assist in responding to regulatory requests.
- Must stay informed of changing securities regulations and be able to adapt and update policies and procedures as required.
- Handle customer complaint processing including identifying, documenting research and writing client correspondence.
- Aid in administration of AML Policy
- Assist with books and records maintenance
- Maintain the compliance calendar
- Review of company email and other social media
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 4 years' experience, preferably at a broker-dealer or registered investment adviser.
- Specific working knowledge of Investment Advisers Act of 1940 and FINRA rules.
- Securities regulatory knowledge
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively at all levels of an organization.
- Strong organizational skills and proven ability to set and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Proven strong analytical skills, including demonstrated experience identifying and quantifying problems and providing effective solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Must be able to draft procedures and evaluate internal controls
- Customer-centric business philosophy and team-oriented
- Excel at applying technology to business processes
- Strong work ethic and hands-on approach
- Certifications, Licenses, Registrations: Current FINRA Series 66 or equivalent or ability to obtain within first 90 days; Series 7 and 24 a plus.
- Paralegal experience a plus
Back to top