Our mission is pretty simple: we believe that everyone deserves access to sophisticated financial advice. Over the past five years, Wealthfront has built a technology company focused on re-architecting the finance industry, and along the way we’ve created a new category known as automated investment services (aka ‘robo-advisors’), but truth be told we’re fairly light on robots). What that actually means is we build software that enables us to democratize access to services typically reserved for the ultra-wealthy, and through automation we can deliver those services to investors at an incredibly low cost. And it’s working; we have clients across the country who trust us with over $7 billion in assets -- and we’re just getting started!
The communications team at Wealthfront plays a crucial role telling the company story to media, industry analysts and policy makers. We do this by building meaningful and lasting relationships with third parties and viewing ourselves as evangelists of the company. The communications team approaches each product launch and each movement in the industry with thoughtfulness and creativity, and we aren’t afraid to be bold through our approach or our message.
About this Role
We are looking for an enthusiastic, organized, self-starter to assist the Senior Director of Corporate Communications.
This role will involve: working cross functionally with engineering, marketing, product and design to execute on product launches throughout the year; assisting with messaging and narrative development; communicating the Wealthfront story both internally and externally.
- Assist in cross-function coordination for product and PR launches, working with engineering, marketing, product and design.
- Managing speaking opportunities and award submissions across the company.
- Maintain messaging and background information internally to keep the company organized.
- Manage all prep for meetings with executives and media.
- Serve as resource internally for company messaging related matters.
- Keep the communications team and executives up to speed on industry related news.
- Manage company social media accounts.
- 2-4 years of experience
- Organizational skills, your ability to meet deadlines and thrive under pressure are essential for success in this role
- Strong ability to self start and communicate cross functionally
- Desire to evangelize Wealthfront’s story both internally and externally
- A passion for the news and basic knowledge of various media outlets
- Curiosity and desire to learn more about both the fintech and financial services industries
- A deep understanding of social platforms: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat
Wealthfront is the only robo-advisor to offer both investment management and financial planning exclusively through software. Because of this approach, we've quickly become the automated advisor of choice among young people. Anyone can open a Wealthfront investment account with $500 to access a unique Passive+ investment strategy that includes a combination of a diversified portfolio of ETFs and tax minimization strategies. All clients receive financial planning through the service, Path, at no additional cost. Wealthfront does not charge management fees on the first $10,000 and for amounts above that the annual management fee is 0.25% - a fraction of what financial advisors charge. Wealthfront's strategy is to take high end financial services that are reserved for those who have millions of dollars and deliver them to young consumers through software. The majority of Wealthfront clients are in their 30s and 40s and have less than $1 million to invest. Wealthfront was founded by Andy Rachleff and Dan Carroll, who launched the service in December 2011. Wealthfront has raised over $129 million in funding from Benchmark Capital, DAG Ventures, Dragoneer Investment Group, Greylock Partners, Index Ventures, Ribbit Capital, Social + Capital and Spark Capital, and is based in Redwood City, CA. For more information please visit www.wealthfront.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.