Brokerage Operations Specialist
Wealthfront is currently hiring a Brokerage Operations Specialist to be responsible for daily brokerage operations functions including new account opening and cashiering. Brokerage Operations is a division of Wealthfront Brokerage and works closely with Client Services and all other divisions of Wealthfront Inc. - including the engineering and product teams - to provide the best client experience possible.
- Review and process account transfer requests (ACAT and Non-ACAT) within service level
- Complete daily brokerage operations exception reports including unreconciled activity, margin, corporate actions, etc.
- Conduct quality control reviews and regulatory document delivery reconciliation
- Process trading related tasks including placing orders, settlements, trade corrections
- Perform cashiering duties including verification of incoming wire’s, checks, ACH’s and process withdrawal requests
- Review and approve new client accounts for management according to policy and procedures
- Provide ongoing account maintenance and review of new and existing account activity for risk mitigation related to AML
- Collaborate cross-functionally with other teams at the company, specifically creating strong relationships with engineers
- Minimum of 2 years brokerage industry experience preferably in a back office role
- Securities regulatory knowledge and strong understanding of account transfers, corporate actions/dividends, and trading
- Understanding of AML and risk mitigation rules
- Strong organizational skills
- Customer-centric business philosophy and collaborative mindest
- Ability to communicate cross-functionally
- Appreciation and understanding of applying technology and software to business processes
- Strong work ethic and hands-on approach
- Ability to quickly learn proprietary web-based account services applications
- Appreciation for compliance and adherence to government regulations
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, or related field or requisite related work experience
- FINRA Series 7 required (or ability to obtain in 90 days)
Everyone across the financial spectrum deserves to live secure and rewarding lives. In order to successfully serve clients across the United States, the Wealthfront team is focused on hiring team members with a diverse range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Wealthfront pioneered the category today known as “robo-advisors” when the company launched its automated investment service in 2011. Today, we manage over $12 billion for our clients and have expanded our service to offer free financial planning to anyone as well as cash management solutions with our recently launched FDIC insured Cash Account.
But we’re not done there. Our vision is to optimize and automate all of our clients’ finances, and build Self-Driving Money™️. We want clients to be able to automatically deposit their paycheck into their Wealthfront account and take care of the rest -- paying their bills, topping off their emergency fund or 401(k) and investing the rest based on their specific goals and lifestyle. To get there, we’ll be focusing the bulk of our efforts on reinventing the way we currently bank in the U.S. in 2019. The banking industry is one of the most non-client centric industries in existence and we hope you join us to flip the script and rebuild it from the ground up.
Back to top