Backend Engineer - Intern (Summer 2021)
- Palo Alto, CA
Wealthfront is building a financial system that favors people not institutions. Our employees enable our clients to achieve their financial goals by developing sophisticated algorithms and investment strategies, intuitive user experiences, and scalable infrastructure to continuously deploy mission-critical code. Join us as we help clients create their roadmap to financial freedom!
- Design, implement, test and maintain logic and components anywhere in the stack
- Design and build systems with automated instrumentation and monitoring
- Live and breathe resiliency and uptime
- Consistently improve maintainability and stability of the codebase
- Must graduate in June 2022 or Fall 2021
- Expertise in Java or similar language (such as C++ or C#)
- Experience with online data stores (preferably MySQL / MariaDB)
- Experience with at least one scripting language
- Passion for agile, test-driven development
- Solid understanding of distributed systems and functional programming paradigms
- Pursuing BS, MS, or PhD in computer science or related field
Everyone across the financial spectrum deserves to live secure and rewarding lives. In order to successfully serve clients across the United States, the Wealthfront team is focused on hiring team members with a diverse range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Wealthfront is a nextgen banking service. We help you manage your money for both your short-term and long-term goals by providing a cash account with a top-of-market APY, best-in-class automated investment management, and free financial advice, anytime you want it.
Our ultimate vision is to optimize and automate all of our clients’ finances and build what we call Self-Driving Money™️. We want clients to be able to automatically deposit their paycheck into their Wealthfront account, and let us take care of the rest — paying their bills, topping off their emergency fund or 401(k), and investing the rest based on their specific goals and lifestyle. To get there, we’ll be focusing the bulk of our 2020 efforts on creating a better alternative to what the banking industry provides. Join us so you can help us turn this industry on its head and build a service that our clients don't just like, they love.
Back to top