Backend Engineer (Fraud & Risk)
- Palo Alto, CA
We’re looking for a Backend Engineer to join our Fraud & Risk team, where you will protect the company from financial loss while ensuring legitimate clients can quickly access their funds, by building in-house systems or integrating external services to identify clients and detect patterns of risky behavior. You’ll work closely with data scientists to bring their ML models to production and with our Fraud Operations specialists to understand and automate their processes.
- Work with a team of engineers to design and build new features or enhancements to existing features while maintaining a high level of quality and automation.
- Help improve the maintainability and stability of our codebase by working on fixing issues and adding necessary enhancements to our existing backend systems
- Ensure that mission critical backend systems and services operate smoothly in production by triaging and resolving operational issues as part of a team of on-call engineers
- Proactively identify opportunities for improving the reliability and scalability of our systems
- Participate in recruiting activities such as interviewing and attending career fairs.
- 2+ years of experience in developing backend components, services or APIs in Java or a similar language
- Knowledge of SQL and experience working with online data stores (one of MySQL, MariaDB, PostgreSQL, Oracle, MS SQL Server)
- Real passion for agile, test-driven development, continuous integration and automated testing
- Experience working with Spark pipelines is a plus
- Knowledge of an ORM technology such as Hibernate is a plus
- Knowledge and experience of working with a dependency injection framework (one of Guice, Spring, Pico, Dagger) is a plus
- BS, MS or PhD in Computer science or related field
Once you join, Wealthfront will
- Pair you with a 1:1 mentor to guide you through our structured onboarding program
- Encourage you to lead projects which match your professional goals
- Support your professional development by providing feedback during weekly 1:1s and during our bi-annual reviews
- Give you autonomy so you can be a happy and successful member of our team
Everyone across the financial spectrum deserves to live secure and rewarding lives. In order to successfully serve clients across the United States, the Wealthfront team is focused on hiring team members with a diverse range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Wealthfront is a nextgen banking and investing service. We offer high-interest checking with our Cash Account, help you build your net worth with automated investing, automate your savings strategy with our service Autopilot, and give you a single view of your finances with our intuitive mobile app.
Our ultimate vision is to optimize and automate all of our clients’ finances and build what we call Self-Driving Money™️. We want clients to be able to automatically deposit their paycheck into their Wealthfront account, and let us take care of the rest — paying their bills, topping off their emergency fund or 401(k), and investing the rest based on their specific goals and lifestyle. To get there, we’ll be focusing the bulk of our efforts on creating a better alternative to what the banking industry provides. Join us so you can help us turn this industry on its head and build a service that our clients don't just like, they love.
Back to top