Senior Backend Engineer
Our mission is pretty simple: we believe that everyone deserves access to sophisticated financial advice. Over the past five years, Wealthfront has built a technology company focused on re-architecting the finance industry, and along the way we’ve created a new category known as automated investment services (aka ‘robo-advisors’, but truth be told we’re fairly light on robots). What that actually means is we build software that enables us to democratize access to services typically reserved for the ultra-wealthy, and through automation we can deliver those services to investors at an incredibly low cost. And it’s working; we have clients across the country who trust us with nearly $6.5 billion in assets -- and we’re just getting started!
Are you passionate about building the systems, infrastructure, data and analytics for the fastest growing automated investment service? Do you want to ship code in under 10 minutes?
- Design, implement, test and maintain backend components: application, data, infrastructure, analytics and deployment
- Design and build systems with automated instrumentation and monitoring
- Live and breathe resiliency and uptime
- Consistently improve maintainability and stability of the codebase
- Expertise in Java or similar language (such as C++ or C#)
- Experience with online data stores (preferably MySQL)
- Experience with offline data stores (preferably Hadoop stack) a plus
- Experience with at least one scripting language
- Real passion for agile, test-driven development, continuous integration and automated testing
- Deep understanding of distributed systems and functional programming paradigms
- BS, MS, or PhD in computer science, math, physics or related field
Wealthfront is the only robo-advisor to offer both investment management and financial planning exclusively through software. Because of this approach, we've quickly become the automated advisor of choice among young people. Anyone can open a Wealthfront investment account with $500 to access a unique Passive+ investment strategy that includes a combination of a diversified portfolio of ETFs and tax minimization strategies. All clients receive financial planning through the service, Path, at no additional cost. Wealthfront does not charge management fees on the first $10,000 and for amounts above that the annual management fee is 0.25% - a fraction of what financial advisors charge. Wealthfront's strategy is to take high end financial services that are reserved for those who have millions of dollars and deliver them to young consumers through software. The majority of Wealthfront clients are in their 30s and 40s and have less than $1 million to invest. Wealthfront was founded by Andy Rachleff and Dan Carroll, who launched the service in December 2011. Wealthfront has raised over $129 million in funding from Benchmark Capital, DAG Ventures, Dragoneer Investment Group, Greylock Partners, Index Ventures, Ribbit Capital, Social + Capital and Spark Capital, and is based in Redwood City, CA. For more information please visit www.wealthfront.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Meet Some of Wealthfront's Employees
Lead Software Engineer
Ria plans and advances Wealthfront’s product projects. It's her responsibility to architect and implement new features for clients with the company's future-forward investment technology.
Back to top