Senior Backend Engineer
Our mission is pretty simple; we believe that everyone deserves sophisticated financial advice. In just three short years, Wealthfront has rolled out the features and services that now define a new category that we call 'automated investment services.' We are focused on taking services typically reserved for the ultra-wealthy, automating them and delivering them directly to the investors at an incredibly low cost. We have clients in all 50 states who trust us with over $4 billion in assets and growing. With our clients' trust, we believe we can and will change this industry.
Are you interested in building the systems, infrastructure, data and analytics for the fastest growing automated investment service? Do you want to ship code in under 10 minutes?
- Design, implement, test and maintain backend components: application, data, infrastructure, analytics and deployment
- Design and build systems with automated instrumentation and monitoring
- Live and breathe resiliency and uptime
- Consistently improve maintainability and stability of the codebase
- Expertise in Java or similar language (such as C++ or C#)
- Experience with online data stores (preferably MySQL)
- Experience with offline data stores (preferably Hadoop stack) a plus
- Experience with at least one scripting language
- Passion for agile, test-driven development, continuous integration and automated testing
- Solid understanding of distributed systems and functional programming paradigms
- BS, MS, or PhD in computer science, math, physics or related field
Meet Some of Wealthfront's Employees
Lead Software Engineer
Ria plans and advances Wealthfront’s product projects. It's her responsibility to architect and implement new features for clients with the company's future-forward investment technology.
Back to top