Accounting and Payroll Specialist
- Palo Alto, CA
Wealthfront is seeking an Accounting and Payroll Specialist to join the finance and accounting team in building a scalable infrastructure to support a dynamic and high-growth business. The Accountant will be responsible for managing accounts payable, payroll processing and assist with the monthly close. You will report to the Controller, working closely as a partner to the entire Finance and Accounting team, and will be encouraged to identify and execute opportunities to drive scale in the financial operations. You will combine a commitment to the company mission with a passion to lead a solutions-oriented team that partners on critical operating decisions throughout the organization.
- Accounting duties such as accounts receivable, payable, print checks, bank and credit card reconciliations
- Process semi-monthly payroll and any off-cycle payrolls
- Prepare annual 1099’s
- Work with accounting staff to facilitate the end-to-end, timely and accurate financial reporting process.
- Help with the month, quarter and year-end close activities at each subsidiary and on a consolidated basis.
- Prepare and review journal entries, account reconciliations
- Improve processes to drive efficiency and effectiveness over corporate accounting and GL activities.
- Lead continuous process improvement projects, provide meaningful proposals and drive implementation.
- Prevent inaccuracies in and maintain the reliability of financial documents by setting up internal control systems and embracing proper policies for financial reporting.
- Assist both the Vice President of Finance and the Controller in the establishment of a scalable firm-wide accounting function.
- Maintain positive relationships with regulators (including FINRA, SEC) and auditors (E&Y) by analyzing, researching and responding to inquiries in a timely and accurate manner.
- Liaison with accounting software, system vendors, and consultants as required and make recommendations as to ways we can automate and enhance our accounting operations through the implementation of new systems.
- 2-5 years of accounting and payroll experience.
- Payroll processing and reconciliation experience. ADP/Namely proficiency is a huge plus
- Customer-centric business philosophy and team-oriented mindset.
- Unquestionable ethics.
- Uncompromising attention to detail with the ability to communicate to the level of detail appropriate to the situation and audience.
- Ability to problem-solve and actively address issues in a professional and effective manner.
- Enthusiasm to apply technology to business processes.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to set and meet deadlines in a high paced environment.
- Self-starter who regularly takes initiative and can juggle multiple projects while simultaneously demonstrating creativity and judgment.
- Takes pride in meeting deadlines and exceeding expectations on quality of output.
- Proficiency in MS Office/G Suite and accounting packages, specifically experience in NetSuite.
- Knowledge of GAAP, including preparation of audited GAAP financial statements
- BA/BS required.
Everyone across the financial spectrum deserves to live secure and rewarding lives. In order to successfully serve clients across the United States, the Wealthfront team is focused on hiring team members with a diverse range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Wealthfront is a nextgen banking service. We help you manage your money for both your short-term and long-term goals by providing a cash account with a top-of-market APY, best-in-class automated investment management, and free financial advice, anytime you want it.
Our ultimate vision is to optimize and automate all of our clients’ finances and build what we call Self-Driving Money™️. We want clients to be able to automatically deposit their paycheck into their Wealthfront account, and let us take care of the rest — paying their bills, topping off their emergency fund or 401(k), and investing the rest based on their specific goals and lifestyle. To get there, we’ll be focusing the bulk of our 2020 efforts on creating a better alternative to what the banking industry provides. Join us so you can help us turn this industry on its head and build a service that our clients don't just like, they love.
Back to top