Customer Service Representative - Field Services
The Customer Service Rep – Field Services position provides administrative and customer service to clients in a high call volume environment. The CSR manages the day-to-day service dashboard, bids and work orders for the smooth functioning of service operations. This position reports directly to the Service Operations Manager.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Research Maintenance Charge Backs to ensure they are legitimate and give approval to charge the resident’s account.
- Monitor maintenance costs per home in order to assist in achieving our company goal.
- Assist in connecting utilities for vacant homes so they can be turned quickly.
- Manage the In-House Technicians’ daily schedules & assignments.
- Meet with and assist residents with resolving outstanding maintenance issues.
- Follow up with residents to ensure their work orders are completed to their satisfaction and in a timely manner.
- Communicate via the portal and phone with SMS daily to ensure the vendors are resolving the resident issues.
- Respond to vendor questions, quotes and other inquiries with a 24-hour period.
- Review bids for scope of work, proper documentation and pricing; Approve bids in SMS Assist (SMS) under $1000.00.
- Escalate resident complaints when needed.
- Schedule in-house work orders directly with the resident.
- Schedule move-out inspections with resident and assign to a field project manager.
- Document service requests from residents in the Service Maintenance Portal in a timely manner.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must be able to work well under pressure.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills as well as ability to problem solve.
- Work collaboratively with team members.
- High school Diploma or GED.
- Minimum 2 years of administrative experience in property management or related field.
- Knowledge of maintenance/construction terms and pricing.
- Intermediate proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Adobe.
- Effective problem-solving skills.
- Previous experience using property management software.
- Vendor management experience.
The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Physical Requirements: This position will spend long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers which can cause muscle strain. The position may also have to do some light lifting of supplies and materials from time to time, up to and including 20 lbs. The position requires talking, expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken and written word to impart information to clients or to the public, and to convey detailed spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
Environmental Conditions: The office may be a busy facility. This position may have to manage a number of projects at one time, and may be interrupted frequently to meet the needs and requests of residents, clients and contractors. The incumbent in this position may find the environment to be busy, noisy and will need excellent organizational, time, and stress management skills to complete the required tasks.
Sensory Demands: Sensory demands include use of the computer, which may cause eyestrain and occasional headaches along with hand / wrist strains from using computer keyboard and mouse. The office may be noisy and busy making it difficult to concentrate.
Mental Demands: This position will have to manage a number of requests and situations at one time. Stress may be caused by the need to complete tasks within tight deadlines.
Vision: See in the normal visual range, with correction if needed.
Hearing: Hear in the normal audio range, with correction if needed
Back to top