An aspiring analyst with a quantitative background who has a strong desire to make an impact on business decisions with data. Able to critically and creatively think through business objectives to solve problems using technical skills and thinking as the ecommerce customer to extract data points.
Introduction to the team:
Wayfair Analytics is the engine that powers an enterprise obsessed with data. We move fast, iterating quickly on big business problems. We work smart, applying technology to accelerate unlocking insights and providing outsized value to our customers. We swing big, knowing our customers won’t benefit from micro optimizations. We treat data as a resource; making information globally accessible and eliminating silos. If you want to join a team with these traits in their DNA, read on.
Every day projects include measuring site performance, analyzing customer behavior and trends, creating dashboards, data mining, optimizing SQL queries, working with cutting edge technology and multi-terabyte datasets. Team focuses on various verticals (such as Onsite Search, Homepage, Checkout) to go deep into the data collected to continuously improve the customer experience.
At their core, Business Intelligence Analysts at Wayfair are strong in quantitative analysis, enjoy SQL coding but also want to balance that with their interest in business. They think critically to tackle complex challenges, thrive in a fast-paced environment and are seeking a high-growth opportunity where they will have an immediate impact on day one.
- Consult with internal business users/stakeholders in the Product Management team to develop analyses that lead to actionable insights that accelerate profitable growth
- Understand how an ecommerce site works to be able to perform comprehensive analysis
- Ability to comprehend, extract, and massage necessary information from clickstream data for ad-hoc and reporting/dashboards needs
- Perform deep dive analysis into consumer behavior on the site, ranging from pathing, funnel analysis to product interaction, to identify pain points within the online experience and then share results
- Ensure data quality by testing tracking on site so metrics are properly captured and reported correctly
- Familiar with concept of A/B testing to consult with stakeholders, set-up test and report out on findings to make educated and calculated changes to the website in a low-risk manner
- Wrangle data from multiple sources including sales, clickstream, product, and customer databases to create integrated views that can be used to drive decision making
- Working with several large and complex SQL and Vertica databases
- Designing and building reports, dashboards, and analyses in Excel, Python, SQL, and Tableau
- BA/BS with strong academic record, ideally in Economics, a quantitative social science, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Physics etc.
- 2-5 years of experience in a quantitative role
- Experience with Excel (pivot tables etc. ), SQL, Tableau
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills
- Positive, people-oriented, and energetic attitude
- Analytical, creative, and innovative approach to solving problems
- Ecommerce experience preferred
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.
Back to top