Wayfair Internship 6 months (London)
Must be legally authorized to work in the UK for this role
Internship information: 40h/week (full-time) for 6 months
Are you ready to kick off your career in eCommerce? Looking for a fast paced, fun and entrepreneurial environment to develop your skills? Interested in working with a high- growth multinational company in the heart of London? We want to hear from you!
Your internship will be in one of the key functions across the business dependent on a combination of your interests, skills and experience.
These are the hiring teams at the moment:
We currently operate in Germany and the UK and aim to offer an unparalleled selection of great value products for the home, paired with excellent customer experience. Each Category Management team is responsible for a specific vertical (e.g., lighting, décor, bedding, kitchen), knowing the respective market / industry, and maintaining relationships with suppliers. The team’s ultimate objective is to grow the category by expanding the selection on our website, aligning promotions and operations, merchandising, and marketing activities with the respective teams, and ensuring price competitiveness throughout the catalog. Cross-functional collaboration is key in this role, since the category management teams are in daily contact with internal teams to advance the aforementioned business drivers.
The merchandising department is responsible for the creation and maintenance of our product catalogs. We add tens of thousands of new products each month, both for limited-time events and for ongoing product selection. We also continually improve the catalog – fixing issues and increasing the content to improve customer experience in a joint effort with our suppliers. Our goal is to provide inspirational and engaging content to drive customer engagement and increase conversion. We also understand where the customer is shopping on site – where they are most / least engaged through the funnel, and we create customized landing pages based on an analytical approach, supported by new merchandising tools.
What we are looking for:
- Ability to ‘hit the ground running’ – we need a self-starter with strong organisational skills who isn’t afraid to dive right in.
- A creative and customer focused person, ready to put their strong problem solving skills to work.
- Interest in further developing your commercial negotiation skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong analytical and / or quantitative skills along with Excel expertise.
- A calculated risk tasker with a bias towards action.
- Sense of humor and a great attitude to match that of our friendly team.
- A personable, persuasive and energetic communicator, eager to build relationships with new business partners.
- Fluency in English.
- Additional EU Languages are a bonus
What We Offer:
- A company culture driven by pioneer-thinking and talent that crosses departments and hierarchies
- Great mentors and career development opportunities through our learn@work program
- We offer free Yoga classes
- Of course fresh fruits, snacks & drinks every day!
- We’re in the heart of London with lots of space to encourage collaboration and teamwork
- Let’s not forget the chance to join the next global giant in e-commerce
Back to top