- Woodbridge, NJ
We are Wayfair; we deliver a best-in-class customer experience in the furniture and home space because of people like you, who are driven, determined, collaborative, and thrive in a fast-paced environment. In order to maintain our high level of delivery standards and meet our customer’s needs, the Wayfair Distribution team plays a key role in improving customer satisfaction and driving repeat business. We’ve been busy building a best-in-class logistics network that allows us to delight customers by speeding up deliveries, adding services, and reducing damage using our own physical, asset-based warehouses. We are looking for talented hard-working individuals to join our growing team – your professional home awaits you at Wayfair!
This supervisor role comes with an odd schedule that could potentially change.
Please make sure you can work the hours before applying!
- Friday 12:30pm - 9pm
Sat 8am - 4:30pm
Sunday, Monday & Tuesday: 4:30am - 1pm
- Supervising the functions and working of the warehouse workers
- Delegating and assigning tasks and targets and evaluating the working of the staff
- Adhering to the compliance of all legal and safety procedures.
- Supervising proper shift allocations and ensuring efficiency of all warehouse staff
- Organizing and conducting necessary training activities for the staff and workers
- Ensuring the proper functioning of all warehouse tools and equipment
- Safe operation of all equipment, including Order Picker (Cherry Picker), Reach Trucks, Forklifts, Electric Palette Jacks, Clamp Trucks and other industrial equipment
- Works effectively with other managers within functional team and supports new team members
- Drives specific initiatives that have proven business results
- Proactively thinks beyond the explicit assignment to ask second-order questions and identify additional analytic needs
- Accurately, quickly and clearly answers questions related to their area of focus
- Viewed as credible company expert on their area of focus
- Effectively prepares for and runs internal meetings with supporting analytics and data
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
What You'll Need
- Bachelor’s or associate degree in management, administration, supply chain, customer service, or five years working experience in product distribution to customer base
- Knowledge of the safety and legal documentation processes for handling related warehouse activities (MSDS, Equipment checklist, BOL)
- Working understanding of Warehouse Management System
- Should have excellent leadership and administration skills and abilities
- Strong motivational skills and effectual team building and decision making
- Ability to effectively manage time, resolve crisis and decision making
- Ability to work overtime as needed
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
Back to top