The profile of a Warehouse Supervisor is that of managing and overseeing all the functions of the warehouse and ensuring smooth operations of all activities. This individual will also be managing warehouse workers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervising the functions and working of the warehouse workers. This is a floor position, and will involve physical movement of product along with supervisory duties.
- Delegating and assigning tasks and targets and evaluating the working of the staff
- Adhering to the compliance of all legal and safety procedures.
- Managing the inventory. Work areas include: receipt, pick, pack, ship and return of product.
- Supervising proper shift allocations and ensuring efficiency of all warehouse staff.
- Organizing and conducting necessary training activities for the staff and workers
- Ensuring the proper functioning of all warehouse tools and equipment.
- Coordinating movement of product to OIR, QA, or Medic operation as needed
- Ensuring correct orders are staged and ready for delivery
- Safe operation of all equipment, including Powered Industrial Truck operations (PITO), hand tools, and other equipment in the operation
- Operate equipment as necessary
Hiring for the following shifts:
Monday-Friday - 2:30 PM TO 11:00 PM
Sunday- Wednesday- 4:30 PM TO 3:00 AM
Wednesday to Saturday- 4:30 PM TO 3:00 AM
Skills and Specifications:
- Knowledge of the safety and legal documentation processes for handling related warehouse activities (MSDS, Equipment checklist, BOL)
- Certified, or ability to be certified on PITO equipment
- Working understanding of WMS system
- Should have excellent leadership and administration skills and abilities
- Strong motivational skills and effectual team building and decision making
- Ability to effectively manage time, resolve crisis and decision making
- Ability to efficiently coordinate workings with internal and external workers of the company
- Ability to work multiple shifts and occasional weekend shifts during peak season
Education and Qualifications:
Bachelor’s or associate degree in management, administration, supply chain, customer service, or five years working experience in product distribution to customer base
Wayfair is committed to recruiting and hiring the best candidates for all roles, and from diverse backgrounds and experiences. Wayfair is compliant with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and is committed to providing accommodation to people with disabilities throughout the job application and interview process to the point of undue hardship. If you require an accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact Wayfair Recruiting
Back to top