Warehouse Operations Supervisor- 2nd Shift (Wednesday- Saturday)
- Burlington, KY
We are Wayfair; we deliver a best-in-class customer experience in the furniture and home space because of people like you, who are driven, determined, collaborative, and thrive in a fast-paced environment. In order to maintain our high level of delivery standards and meet our customer’s needs, the Wayfair Distribution team plays a key role in improving customer satisfaction and driving repeat business. We’ve been busy building a best-in-class logistics network that allows us to delight customers by speeding up deliveries, adding services, and reducing damage using our own physical, asset-based warehouses. We are looking for talented hard-working individuals to join our growing team – your professional home awaits you at Wayfair!
What You'll Do
- Supervise the functions and working of the warehouse workers.
- Delegate and assign tasks and targets and evaluate the work of the staff.
- Adhere to the compliance of all legal and safety procedures.
- Supervise proper shift allocations and ensure efficiency of all warehouse staff.
- Organize and conduct necessary training activities for the staff and workers.
- Ensure the proper functioning and safe operations of all warehouse tools and equipment.
- Work effectively with other managers within functional team and supports new team members.
- Drive specific initiatives that have proven business results.
- Proactively think beyond the explicit assignment to ask second-order questions and identify additional analytic needs.
- Accurately, quickly, and clearly answer questions related to your area of focus.
- Be viewed as a credible company expert on your area of focus.
- Effectively prepare and run internal meetings with supporting analytics and data.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
What You'll Need
- Bachelor’s or associate degree in management, administration, supply chain, customer service, or 5+ years working experience in product distribution to customer base.
- Knowledge of the safety and legal documentation processes for handling related warehouse activities (MSDS, Equipment checklist, BOL).
- Working understanding of Warehouse Management System.
- Should have excellent leadership and administration skills and abilities.
- Strong motivational, effectual team building, and decision-making skills.
- Ability to effectively manage time and resolve crises.
- Must be comfortable repeatedly lifting up to 75 pounds unassisted and maneuvering product 150+ pounds unassisted or via team lift.
- Able to read and comprehend English to ensure your safety and the safety of those working around you.
- Ability to work overtime as needed.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
Back to top