Warehouse Maintenance Manager
- Stockton, CA
Facilities & Maintenance Manager
We are Wayfair; we deliver a best-in-class customer experience in the furniture and home space because of people like you, who are driven, determined, collaborative, and thrive in a fast-paced environment. In order to maintain our high level of delivery standards and meet our customer’s needs, the Wayfair Distribution team plays a key role in improving customer satisfaction and driving repeat business. We’ve been busy building a best-in-class logistics network that allows us to delight customers by speeding up deliveries, adding services, and reducing damage using our own physical, asset-based warehouses. We are looking for talented hard-working individuals to join our growing team – your professional home awaits you at Wayfair!
What You’ll Do
- As the Facilities & Maintenance Manager, you will coordinate the maintenance and repair of the entire Distribution Center and all equipment in the building, including conveyors, Material Handling Equipment (MHE), Powered Industrial Trucks (PIT), electrical systems, fire and security systems.
- You will act as day-to-day primary authority on repair and maintenance and manage personnel assigned to technical, as well as, maintenance positions.
- You’ll provide guidance and direction to department managers and maintenance department employees in the areas of customer service, loss prevention, safety, expense control, electronics, mechanical conveyor repair, and lift truck systems.
- You’ll possess extensive knowledge of the DC layout and flow of product, and be a lead technician skilled in electronics, mechanical conveyor repair and lift truck systems. PLC knowledge is helpful.
- You will interface with Management regarding ongoing projects and coordinate maintenance of the facility equipment to meet the needs of the building including coordinating outside contractors that may be required to work in the building.
What You’ll Need
- 3+ years of experience in facilities maintenance management in a distribution center.
- Must have experience with Conveyors, MHE, PLC's, Electrical, Plumbing and Fire/Security
- Experience with CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management System) in managing work orders, inventory, and reporting.
- Ability to perform physical activity including, but not limited to, sitting, standing, bending, stooping, lifting (up to 50 lbs.), and walking (up to 80% of day). Ability to maneuver through storage racks, trailers, and other areas of the warehouse.
- Ability to operate equipment found in a distribution center environment including, but not limited to, material handling equipment, and the ability to use office equipment including, but not limited to, phone, keyboard, monitor, and calculator.
- Must have effective communication skills both in person and on the computer via other meeting services.
- Ability to develop and manage a budget around existing or new facility needs.
- The environmental requirement of the position consists of working indoors in an average office environment 20% of time and in a warehouse environment 80% of time. This position may be required to work off-hour shifts.
- Understand complex blueprints and construction specifications is a plus.
- Exposure with industrial safety including: confined space, electrical, Lock-Out/Tag-Out and other is a plus.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
Back to top