Visual Designer m/f
Wayfair EU are looking for a highly productive and detail-orientated junior designer to join our Berlin team full-time.
Primary tasks for this role include graphic design, file and website management. Candidates must be a designer with an eye for detail, an interest in technology, and a knack for organization as you’ll be expected to create and manage digital assets for dozens of sales each day. Our ideal candidate will also have experience with photography and photo-editing / manipulation.
You’ll work closely with our promotions, marketing, email and ad teams to ensure the quality of images and designs we put out are world-class – and you’ll get the opportunity to learn new creative skills and the business of eCommerce along the way.
We need to see your work to know if you are a fit for our team! Please submit a link to your online portfolio. The link can either be on your resume directly, or pasted into the ‘cover letter’ section of the wayfair.com/careers online application. Please note that only candidates with a portfolio of design work will be considered.
- Work as part of a dedicated team delivering digital assets for web and email. This includes managing, cropping, and uploading files into our CMS system daily, utilizing your understanding of composition, perspective, lighting; our brands and technology.
- Consistently and efficiently create assets to brand standards
- Execute multiple amendments to a very high standard of accuracy and have great attention to detail
- Carry out self-directed quality assessments on produced artwork
- Maintain and organize a complete image and asset library
- Develop and update master artworks and asset templates
- Be an organized team player, willing to pitch in to maintain a good workflow
- Retouch photo assets from photo shoots as needed
- Have good communication skills and a willingness to learn
- Sufficient experience in visual design
- Strong Team Working ability
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Sketch
- High attention to detail
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced atmosphere
- A solid understanding of basic design, color and typography principles
- Ability to prioritize and manage work, adhering to project timelines
- Ability to produce quality work under tight deadlines is a must
- Understanding of photo retouching
- An affinity for current industry developments, technologies and design trends
- Exceptional interpersonal, collaborative, and creative problem solving skills
- An interest in online shopping/e-commerce
And finally, our proposition to you!
Of course the usual competitive salary, bonus, office snacks and drinks and Friday evening beers, but also…
- An awesome, multinational team right in the startup hub of Berlin, Kreuzberg
- A huge opportunity to be an early entrant and set the stage with us
- Career path guidance and mentoring
- We want to share our company with you in stock units
- We pitch in to your gym membership and office sport events
- Monthly team events
- And let’s not forget: the chance to join the next global giant in eCommerce
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
Wayfair generated $4.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended December 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 7,700 people.
Meet Some of Wayfair's Employees
Senior Product Manager
Virginia works to deliver the best in class shipping experiences to help build trust with Wayfair’s customers.
Back to top