UX/UI Design Manager
We are looking for a talented Product Design Manager with a diverse portfolio demonstrating mastery of craft and a track record of results: the design of engaging experiences that created positive outcomes for both the customer and the business. Your demonstrated skillset must span all areas of design: analysis of user needs, the architecture of layouts, flows and interactions, and detailed aesthetics for both written and visual content. You should have experience working directly with Product Managers and Engineers to prioritize, specify, and deliver user experiences.
Wayfair's design practice is collaborative, data-driven, and fast-paced. We are looking for a design practitioner who can help us take our experience to the next level, bringing deep expertise in UX design and a strategic mindset for how to provide the users the best tool to achieve their business goals with Wayfair.
- Understand the business needs for the product propose strategies to solve it.
- Analyze the business flow and drive the changes to optimize and improve it.
- Craft intuitive and shippable product experiences, leveraging Wayfair UX design standards and industry best practices.
- Produce design deliverables utilizing the Sketch app, Invision and/or other prototyping tools:
- Detailed site maps, user flows/task flows, user journeys, page flows, taxonomies/folksonomies, paths to purchase, etc.
- Wireframes, annotations, and prototypes that represent interaction recommendations
- Detailed visuals / mockups
- Lead cross-functional design reviews for all necessary deliverables
User Research Responsibilities
- Evaluate competitor and industry websites to provide a meaningful analysis of the findings
- Prioritize, plan and help conduct user research, including the following techniques: user interviews, usability testing, task analysis, contextual inquiry, card sorting
- Experience with consumer brands — a big plus if you have experience in e-commerce and B2B tools.
- Experience as a people manager
- Track record of delivering end to end look and feel guidelines and solutions.
- The ability to clearly present work, and articulate the rationale for the decisions that led to it
- Expert proficiency in Sketch, Invision, and other design tools.
- Working knowledge of HTML/CSS/JS. Hands-on skills a plus.
- An online portfolio that demonstrates an unfailing advocacy for the user, highlighting: e-commerce design work, mobile design work, analytical decision-making, and strategic thinking.
Interested in learning more about Wayfair’s Product Design team? Check out our Medium: https://medium.com/wayfair-design
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
Wayfair generated $4.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended December 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 7,700 people
Meet Some of Wayfair's Employees
Senior Product Manager
Virginia works to deliver the best in class shipping experiences to help build trust with Wayfair’s customers.
Back to top