UX Copywriter (m/f)
*Please note: You must include a cover letter and 3 relevant writing samples to be considered for this position. For the writing samples, a link to your portfolio is preferred, but you can also cut and paste your work at the end of your cover letter.
Our fast-growing UX Copy team is looking for a writer who is native speaker in German and fluent in English to join our Product Design team in Berlin. You’ll be our go-to person for clear, conversational, and delightful messaging for Wayfair’s native German and native English speaking audiences, creating authentic connections with our customers in as few words as possible.
Ideal candidates are not only natural linguists, but also sought-after collaborators, imaginative thinkers, and critical self-editors who work well in entrepreneurial environments. If you’ve ever been called “tenacious,” that’s a plus: We’re a small team in a big org, and you’ll need to persuasively advocate for best-in-class messaging on behalf of our customers.
Have a passion for the user experience and making meaningful connections with your audience? Think you’re the right fit? Terrific. We can’t wait to meet you!
- Write conversational, clear, compelling, and on-brand copy in English and German for our US, UK and German Wayfair websites.
- Ensure continuity of voice and tone across platforms (desktop, mobile web, app)
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of how customers interact with our website, and use data to determine how to solve customer problems and make our messaging even more compelling
- Work cross-functionally with Product Designers (UX/UI), Product Managers, and Engineers, working collaboratively to make the customer journey as user-friendly (and delightful) as possible
Skills & Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree in German, English, journalism, communications, marketing, or a related field
- Relevant professional copywriting experience, ideally in e-commerce (app specialization a plus)
- A portfolio that demonstrates strong writing and editing skills, as well as a clear understanding of how to support the overall customer experience and product usability
- The ability to identify user problems and solve them creatively and critically
- A collaborative work style and the ability to think holistically—understanding how design and copy work together to provide customers with a consistent end-to-end message
- Strong multi-tasking, time-management, leadership, and organizational skills
- A motivated, self-starter attitude with demonstrated ability to complete projects independently
- Native fluency in German and English required
Our Offer - Benefits and Perks
- Limitless career opportunities in a fast-growing technology & retail powerhouse
- Extensive training & development including world-class mentoring
- A highly competitive salary package, including tradable shares in our public company
- Regular opportunity to interact and work with peers at our Boston office
- Sponsored gym memberships
- Sponsored lunch (Smunch)
- Monthly team building outings
- Participation in meetups we organize and sponsor
Wayfair (NYSE: W) believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
Wayfair generated $4.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended December 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston (USA), with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 7,700 people.
As our first global tech and product hub out of Boston, the Berlin office is driving tremendous growth and offers challenging and rewarding career and personal growth opportunities at any level, across the organization.
Back to top