The Wayfair Middle Mile Team is looking to add a Transportation Planning Analyst to help support the growth of their linehaul network! This person will be responsible for the daily coordination and execution of Crossdock and regional multi-stop truckload and LTL activities within a defined regional footprint in the US. Candidate will utilize extensive knowledge of distribution and supply chain processes, to create efficiencies that drive velocity and carrier execution. This person will also be expected to identify and manage quality external transportation partners to create lasting value add.
In this position, you will:
• Create/Manage a daily dispatch/load out plan for the Wayfair Ops team to ensure timely movement of merchandise. This will be done through use of both systemic and manually developed solutions.
• Liaise with key stakeholders to provide a 360-degree view of merchandise flow. Identify and communicate any exception/at-risk shipments, and develop/offer solutions to ensure timely flow of goods.
• Manage carrier partners to ensure daily execution of all movements, review performance and develop/design improvements to the supply chain, based on business priorities. Serve as the key operational contact for building teams, downstream and carrier partners.
• Develop/Implement Wayfair Middle Mile SOP’s and KPI’s to be implemented across the Middle Mile Transportation network.
• Work with Wayfair building operations team to identify opportunities to improve volumetrics/ reduce damage.
• Bachelor’s Degree plus 3-5 years of Logistics Experience- preferably in a transportation planning role or operational cross dock environment. Will consider appropriately qualified candidates in lieu of college degree.
- Strong communication skills. Able to clearly define complex thoughts in writing. Able to adjust communication style and level of detail to flex between senior executives through front line associates.
- Highly responsive. Proven track record in building relationships and handling operational exceptions with appropriate communication, and levels of engagement.
Experience with JDA, Oracle, Manhattan or similar TMS, as well as PC Miler or similar, highly desirable. Experience with SQL preferred but not required.
• Excellent critical thinker and problem solver. Demonstrated examples of process improvement and KPI measurement and reporting.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $4.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended December 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 7,700 people.
Meet Some of Wayfair's Employees
Senior Product Manager
Virginia works to deliver the best in class shipping experiences to help build trust with Wayfair’s customers.
Back to top