Trainer - Training Specialist
The Trainer will conduct and facilitate various training programs, including new hire onboarding, ongoing up-skill training, as well as other training dictated by business needs.
Responsible for identifying training needs, training Sales & Service staff, and developing training materials as needed. Includes initial orientation/new hire training, ongoing up-skill training, and project-specific training. The primary audience will be call center employees, but may include other employees.
- Work with Sales & Service Training Team to ensure training consistency across sites
- Design and develop training materials as needed for classroom use
- Develop and conduct new hire onboarding training, as well as other training as needed
- Lead classroom training using sound facilitation techniques and monitor new employee training to ensure courses are completed in a timely manner and tracked for completion
- At least 2 years prior experience as a trainer in a classroom setting preferred, particularly in a call center environment, or a degree in a learning & development field.
- Proven ability to create training materials using basic instructional design methods.
- Demonstrated presentation and facilitation skills before large groups, preferably in a classroom setting
- Demonstrated leadership experience preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills.
- Critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills; must be flexible and able to adjust to frequent changes in training priorities and schedules to accommodate business needs including nights and weekends.
- Proven ability to work well as a team player as well as work independently with limited supervision.
- Demonstrates a high degree of professionalism.
- Good organizational skills to meet tight deadlines.
- Experience in a Call Center is preferred.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ability to alternate sitting and standing throughout an 8 hour period, and sometimes longer
- Ability to use a computer keyboard and computer screen
- Ability to use a telephone headset and telephone system
- Ability to perform all above-mentioned duties with or without accommodations
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $4.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended December 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 7,700 people.
Meet Some of Wayfair's Employees
Senior Product Manager
Virginia works to deliver the best in class shipping experiences to help build trust with Wayfair’s customers.
Back to top