Technical Project Manager
This is an exciting time in Wayfair’s history! Built on the foundation of a great post-college idea between friends; Wayfair has grown to be the largest online-only retailer of home furnishings in the United States. This is a chance to support and be a part of Wayfair’s most complex initiatives as a Senior Technical Project Manager within the Infrastructure department. We are looking for a go-getter project manager that has an approachable personality, strong organizational skills, thrives in a fast-paced environment, and would like the opportunity to have an immediate impact on critical business decisions within a rapidly growing organization.
- Lead the evolution of multiple highly visible complex projects from scoping through delivery.
- Proactively anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, and communicate tradeoffs across diverse groups to optimize intended project outcome.
- Establish and maintain all aspects of project documentation such that it conveys an easily consumable storyline.
- Drive effective collaboration and consensus across large project teams comprised of resources with varying experience levels; junior engineers through the executive team.
- Provide clear project communication to stakeholders across all levels, departments, and skill sets.
- Leverage your previous experience to understand our current environment and challenge our normal to expose unseen opportunities.
- 5+ years of strong technical project management experience, managing large cross-functional teams. Experience with software development or infrastructure preferred.
- A thorough understanding of project methodology and how to apply it to real world situations.
- A well-rounded technical background in current technologies.
- Self-driven motivation with a bias towards action; identifying opportunities and managing them through resolution
- Excellent communication skills to effectively interact with both technical and non-technical individuals and proven track record of influence at various levels of the organization.
- Ability to compartmentalize and context switch on the fly with changes that you can and cannot control.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $4.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended December 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 7,700 people.
Wayfair does not accept unsolicited candidate referrals or resumes / CVs from third-party vendors, including recruitment agencies. Wayfair will not be responsible or liable for any fees or costs associated with such unsolicited submissions.
Meet Some of Wayfair's Employees
Senior Product Manager
Virginia works to deliver the best in class shipping experiences to help build trust with Wayfair’s customers.
Back to top