Staff Engineer- 3D Tools
- Boston, MA
Who we are:
The 3D Tools team is building out a large-scale capability to create and use 3D models to enhance the customer experience. We move fast, build to scale and approach each challenge with agility and creativity. We’re the creative builders solving complex business problems through the newest and most innovative software in e-commerce.
We are looking to hire sharp, logical thinkers who are not afraid to dive right in! We also want out-of-the-box thinkers who can easily identify inefficiencies and come up with simple, maintainable and user-friendly solutions. This individual will help mentor engineers with best practices for artist tool and pipeline development - from planning out a system architecture to creating release notes.
An ideal candidate has:
- Exceptional problem-solving skills, experience developing creative solutions to complex digital 3D problems
- Strong architectural design with proven game, visual effects, or animation pipelines
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in tool development related to 3D modeling, shading/materials, lighting, and/or rendering
- Desire to work closely with other creative groups/departments and is proactive about outreach
- Sense of humor and excellent communication skills
- Experience developing plugins and scripts for VFX / Animation / Game Engine Software and APIs (e.g. Maya, Adobe Suite of Products, 3ds Max, Nuke etc.) required
- Fluent in either C++ or Python and has knowledge of both
- Experience with real-time and AR 3D models and rendering a plus
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair is, and will be, home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
Back to top