Staff Engineer - 3D Asset Models
Who Are We?
The Virtual Media software development team builds platforms and writes software to both produce and manage our media content. We design and maintain state of the art 3D asset model production to provide a rich experience via Augmented Reality for our customers, as well as create beautiful environmental images of our products.
What You’ll Do:
- Learn and teach alongside engineers and write the code that powers Wayfair's Product Media
- Design and maintain a rich metadata schema for all media content which drives machine learning and intelligent decisions on site to provide our customer their perfect browsing experience
- Contribute to coding and quality standards
- Design scalable, resilient architecture to meet Wayfair’s growing business needs
- Build intuitive web tools in PHP and React.js
- Write robust, well-tested backend code with PHP, C#, or Python
- Work with Product and business stakeholders to find creative solutions to challenging business problems and guide a team toward quick wins, good design and long-term stability
Who You Are:
- Collaborative, team-first personality and a sense of humor
- A graduate of a computer science, computer graphics, or digital arts related degree program with 7+ years of relevant industry experience, OR have 10+ years of equivalent industry experience
- A great understanding of Object Oriented Design, MVC, and web architecture
- Confidence interfacing with business stakeholders to gather requirements and translate requirements into software architecture
- SQL Database design, development and performance optimization experience
- Experience working in a distributed or highly transactional environment
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair is, and will be, home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
Back to top